COURSE SET FOR HEALTH
- Reverse Card Rowing Compass. Graham, William // Ash Breeze;Fall2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
The article presents a request to Danforth Compass to allow the author to reverse card rowing compasses. These compasses will be available through Rowing Sport in Ipswich, Massachusetts.
- Sailing Classic. // PN;Jul2007, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p57
The article provides information about the 2007 U.S. Independence Cup/North American Challenge Cup (IC/NACC) Regatta, which will be held on August 3 to 6, 2007 at Chicago Yacht Club's Belmont Station. According to the author, doublehanded competition at the IC/NACC, raced in specially outfitted...
- Development of Race Profiles for the Performance of a Simulated 2000-m Rowing Race. Kennedy, Michael D.; Bell, Gordon J. // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p536
Provides information on a study that determined the race profile for a 2000 meters simulated rowing race as well as the effect of training and gender on the race profile. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- Rowing's No. 1 Spectacle. Griffith, Samuel B. // Saturday Evening Post;7/4/1959, Vol. 232 Issue 1, p25
This article focuses on regatta, a classic sporting event of oarsmen race organized at the English town of Henley in every June. Under a summer sky the Henley Reach, the most historic stretch of water in the oarsman's world, is ordinarily peaceful. Here the Thames flows. It was in 1839 that the...
- Rowing Together. Rodale, Ardath // Prevention;Jul2000, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p192
Offers reflections on rowboating. Anecdotes of watching college students train for a regatta race; Revelation that rowing together can bring a sense of community; Observation that if everyone in the world were to imagine themselves rowing in one large boat, there would be a better sense of...
- News from Whitehall Rowing and Sailing. // Ash Breeze;Winter2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p20
The article offers updates from Whitehall Rowing and Sailing. Anne and Bertrand Chazarenc performed well in the 2006 Raid Finland which was sailed out of Helsinki, Finland. The Chazarencs also sailed and won in a race known as Lovisa Regatta. Tom Gray who owns a Whitehall Spirit 17 rowed to meet...
- Lake Champlain Small Boat Festival. // Ash Breeze;Summer2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the Lake Champlain Small Boat Festival which will be held from July 17 to 18, 2004. Information on the Duet Tape Regatta; Date set for the rowing and paddling event.
- Henley Regatta. // Marketing (00253650);6/27/2007, p25
The article features the 168th year of Henley Regatta rowing, which comprises of 19 events including coxless fours, coxed fours, and quadruple sculls in Great Britain. There were 250,000 spectators attended and 450 crews participated in the rowing regatta. However, the cost of staging the...
- Sulkavan Suursoudut. Hintikka, Matti // Motion-Sport in Finland;2008, Vol. 2008 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on Sulkavan Suursoudut, which advertise itself as the world's biggest rowing extravaganza. It states that Sulkavan Suursoudut is held in the center of Finland's Lake District. It sparticipants show their knowledge in rowing boats developed from a traditional Finnish boats. In...