'A positive side' to BBC job cuts
- Media: Harding takes BBC news job. // PRWeek (London);4/26/2013, p42
The article announces the appointment of James Harding as director of BBC news and current affairs.
- BBC's latest news: Hunt for new head. Boem, Erich; Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;06/07/99, Vol. 375 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the planned announcement of the British Broadcasting Corp. for the successor of John Birt as its director-general. Information on the leading candidates for the position; Issues concerning the company; Suggestions from commentators.
- Jon Zeff quits as BBC Trust director after a nine-month stint. // Indiantelevision.com;4/17/2015, p8
The article announces that Jon Zeff is leaving his post as director of the governing body of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), BBC Trust.
- Job elimination numbers come in greater than earlier estimations. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/14/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p11
Reports on the rate of workforce reduction in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2003. Unemployment rate as of March 2003; Downsizing activities in the retail sector; Reasons for the jobless economic recovery.
- LAYOFF COUNT. Florian, Ellen // Fortune;5/14/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 10, p38
Offers statistics on layoffs in the United States. Companies which cut jobs including Honeywell, Texas Instruments and Hewlett-Packard.
- BBC gets creative as HR jobs are cut. Griffiths, Julie // People Management;5/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the plan of BBC People to reduce its employees as part of its restructuring scheme. Estimated number of employees who will be affected due to corporate reorganization; List of areas drawn for possible outsourcing; Advantage of the organizational changes to the company, according to...
- BBC, unions in tentative truce. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/14/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 29, p49
The article reports on the negotiation between British Broadcasting Corp. and the Broadcast unions. Broadcast unions have withdrawn plans for more industrial action at the BBC for the time being, following significant concessions in talks with director general Mark Thompson. The unions have...
- Britvic Ireland To Restructure Operations. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2009, Issue 55, p62
The article reports on the plan of Britvic Ireland to restructure its Irish operation in 2009 through job cuts in the areas of logistics, finance/information technology (IT) and sales following a strategic review. The job cuts will reportedly affect about 145 workers over the next 12 months....
- The painful struggle to let employees go. Ouellette, Russ // New Hampshire Business Review;12/31/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p19
The author discusses the effective decisions for executives before implementing manpower reduction. The author elucidates the importance of having a proper decision before dismissing a certain employee. The author highlights the facts regarding downsizing of company including the elimination of...