Reversing the Process: Hospital Reclaims Vending
- Specifier Special: Shopping Centre Vending. Martin, Charlotte // Vending International;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on how to improve the vending solutions at shopping centers in Great Britain. It is stated that vending machines are integral part in shopping for providing necessities and way to generate non-rental income for the center and increase revenue for the chosen vending...
- How to widen your profit margin. Knowles, Becci // Vending International;Sep2007, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p10
The article explores several ways in which vending machines can generate sales within retail outlets in Great Britain. They include installing vending machines within supermarkets, hair salons, coffee shops, and snack bars. David Myerscough, managing director of Jordache Catering for Nicky...
- Thinking Outside of the Box and Onto the Screen. Martin, Charlotte // Vending International;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the importance of having a branded vending machine in order to increase its sales. Computerize machines with flat screens have been developed for marketing advertisement of products. In addition, digital advertising screens were used to lure potential consumers to purchase...
- Customer participation in retail - focus on automated services. Mäki, Marko; Kokko, Teemu // Journal of Business & Retail Management Research;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p94
Self-service technologies in retail have not been studied on a large scale despite their increasing importance. The major aim of this article is to increase our understanding of automated processes in retail by employing an in-depth analysis of one case. The object of study is a fully automated...
- Self-serve soda... // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a newly developed vending machine that can dispense 18 flavors of soda into customers' own empty one- and two-liter plastic soda bottles. Currently being tested in some supermarkets; Self-cleaning; Rinsing of empty bottles; Direct recycling of used bottles.
- ...And really fresh fries. // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Describes a new vending machine that uses dehydrated potato dough and hot canola oil to cook fresh french fries right in the machine. A dollar cost of about 33 hot fries dispensed within one minute; Current tests on military bases worldwide.
- Pass the fries. // Current Health 1;Nov92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Discusses a new vending machine that makes fresh french fries in about one minute. Potato dough and hot oil; Cost of about 33 fries; Use on military bases.
- Around the vend. Frisancho, Jorge // Beverage World;Feb96, Vol. 115 Issue 1608, p54
Looks at the trickier side that drink vending machines have to them. Description of this trickier side; Information on the vending business; Problems of vending business; Comments from offiicials; Examination of the history of vending business; Comments from Tim Sanford, executive editor of...
- Good news comes in threes. Sfiligoj, Eric // Beverage World;Feb96, Vol. 115 Issue 1608, p58
Examines beverage vending for 1995. What 1995 brought for vending; Background information on cans in vending industry; Information on launching of the PET bottles; Statistics on PET bottles; Summation of 1995's beverage vending market from Dough Huffer, vice president of marketing at...