At Indiana Hospital: Breakfast Options
- Marjorie Beasley: Fighting the good fight. Michaelides // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p20
Profiles Marjorie Beasley, Food & Nutrition Services Director at Bloomington Hospital in Bloomington, Indiana and President of the National Society of Healthcare Foodservice Management. Love for the industry; Views about remaining independently operated; Society members' main concerns.
- A tranquil. Millar, Audrey // Healthcare Design;Apr2012, Vol. 12 Issue 4, preceding p42
The article provides information on the hospice care facility at Indiana University (IU) Health Bloomington, Indiana. According to the vice president of patient care services Ruth Ann Morris the hospice facility will be initially provided to eight patients operating at productive capacity....
- The Bloomington Hospital public relations department. Shelton, Christina M. // Public Relations Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p25
Bloomington Hospital in Bloomington, Indiana, is a unique situation in public relations because it is not only a health agency and a non-profit organization, but also a corporation. Therefore, Bloomington Hospital was an opportunity for a college student like myself to examine several types of...
- California's Healthy Vending Campaign. // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the introduction of a new approach to healthy vending by the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) in California. Concept of the new approach; Intention of IHA to make half of the products on their onsite vending machines healthful snacks and beverages; Goal of the initiative.
- Hot food--It's Automatic. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;9/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the emergence of vending machines that offer hot food in the U.S. Benefits of the machines to students eating school lunch; Response of patients at the Children's National Medical Center to hot-food machines; Installation of hot-dog machines in military bases.
- Look for Retail Niche Opportunities Among Hospital Dining Dayparts. // Food Management;Dec2006, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p18
The article presents the research conducted by NPD Group Inc. regarding hospital retail dining in the U.S. The study estimates that non-patient hospital food service represents 796 million visits by non-patient customers each year. However, the market represents 886 million visits a year when...
- Worth Every Penny. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the transformation of vending machines into dispensers of healthful products by some food service operators in response to the current economic climate. The 160-bed Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut focuses on wellness and vending was one of the places they really...
- Specifier Special: Vending in Hospitals. Martin, Charlotte // Vending International;Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the initiative for hospital food provisions such as vending in Great Britain. According to the Hospital Catering Association, due to the Hospital Food Programme fundamental changes to aspects of patient care, in terms of catering and vending, have emerged. Hospitals have...
- Hospitals Ban Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Ayoub, Katie // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p19
This article reports that several U.S. hospitals have discontinued the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages in their cafeteria and vending machines and eliminated them from their patient menus. Fairview Hospital, a part of the Berkshire Health Systems, is cited as the first healthcare facility to...