High-Tech Help for: School lunch management
- FOR MEAL PAYMENT: Penn Valley Schools test fingerprint scan. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the plan of Penn Cambria School District in Penn Valley, Pennsylvania to implement a cafeteria payment system based on fingerprint scanning in all schools by the year 2002. Purpose of the payment system; How the system works; Procedures.
- Lancashire pilots meal choice for over-fives. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/4/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4302, p16
Reports on a cashless payment system that will be installed by Lancashire County Council at Lostock Hall Community Primary School in Preston, England, to provide students their meal choice before the start of a school day. Benefits of the payment system; Estimated cost of installing the...
- Big Brother? Nope, Big Mother. // Prepared Foods;Apr2006, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p35
Features the Cybersoft cafeteria automation system from Cybersoft Technologies. Ability of parents to create prepaid lunch accounts and track the type of food being purchased by their children at the school cafeteria using the system; Option offered to low-income families without computer...
- Students Scan Fingers In School Lunch Line To Pay for Their Food. Ash, Katie // Education Week;11/9/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p12
The article discusses the implementation of biometric finger scanners in school lunchrooms in an effort to increase accuracy in charging and identifying students. It looks at the systems in Cabell County, West Virginia, and in Akron, Ohio, including how parents were notified of the systems, the...
- Thumbs up for online school meals payments. Garner, James // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/15/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4319, p6
Reports on the success of the trial of the online school meals payment by parents at nursery and primary school in Surrey, England. Number of schools that participated in the trials; Access to the online school payment system; Percentage of meals paid for online achieved by the schools.
- Easton debuts cashless systems. // FoodService Director;9/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
This article reports on the launch of a new system in the Easton Area School District in Pennsylvania which will allow parents of students to pre-pay for the meals of their children on line. The new system will be managed by Sodexho. Chad Rockovits, general manager for Sodexho at Easton, said...
- Voice-based IDs Go POS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p56
The article reports that a voice biometrics company and point-of-sale system producer have joined to develop an accurate voice recognition-based identification, verification and payment system for school cafeterias in the U.S. According to the author, the system provides a practical,...
- Digital Dining. Long, Cindy // NEA Today;Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p34
The article discusses the use of electronic payment system and other technologies to serve and purchase school meals in the U.S. In Atlanta, public schools use an electronic lunch payment system called Mealpay.com, which not only lets parents prepay online for their children's lunches, but also...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.