Plus Old Faves: New Cake Concoctions
- Enticing Guests, Boo to Irvine. Jarahian, Ryan; Goldwyn, Craig "Meathead"; Armacost, Mary // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2014, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented commenting on issues related to food service including offering samples of a new cake creation during lunch, restaurant hospitality and social media.
- SO THEY CAN EAT THEM, TOO: MUST-HAVE CAKES. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p108
Offers a looks at several types of cakes served at various food service facilities. Cake flavors; Tips on making cakes; Prices of cakes.
- PRO-ZONE LAYERS. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Apr2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p5
The article announces that Eve Lacabanne of Culinary Capers Catering and Allyson Meredith Cakes have received the Wedding Cake Designer of the Year award in Canada.
- Organic cake for kids. // British Baker;6/5/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p21
The article reports that organic bakery Honeyrose has launched two new ranges of cakes in Great Britain. MD Lisa Rose said that the product is the first organic cake range developed specifically for kids. The Minis range will cater customer demand for the company's existing range in smaller...
- Mini cakes target treat occasions. // British Baker;10/7/2011, p19
The article offers information on the launch of a new line of frozen mini cakes by Country Range Group Ltd. for foodservice operators in England.
- Building blocks. // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss an article on the 13th Annual Foodservice Educators Network International (FENI) Summit, the Chefs Move to Schools Program, and the online-exclusive articles on advanced cake decorations.
- Life is sweet. Lane, Diane // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/11/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4424, p58
The article features several pastries created for food service in Great Britain, including Zesty Lime Cheesecake from Woodward Foodservice, All-Butter Chocolate Croissants from Bakehouse and Polenta Cake from Vittles Foods.
- Chocolate Bar at Boston College. // Food Management;Sep2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p21
The article presents information about the chocolate bar that is slated to open on September 6, 2005 at Boston College in Boston, Massachusetts. The dining area has a casual soft seating atmosphere with cafe tables, sofas and lounge type chairs. Menu highlights include chocolate Belgian waffles,...
- Restaurants make dough with fair fare. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/25/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the increased number of fine-dining restaurants in the United States that are offering funnel cakes. Process of making funnel cakes; Reasons behind the popularity of funnel cakes; Average price of a funnel cake; Restaurants that have included funnel cakes in their menu.