A Necessity for All Meals: Speed-scratch vegetarian
- Kooks versus cooks. Purcelli, Pat; Steinberg, Don // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p168
Reports on the interest on eating raw vegetarian food. Remarks by marketing consultant Laura Simpson and clinical dietetics program director Jo Ann Carson; Raw meals served in Asram spa in California and the Delights of the Garden restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cost-effective dishes. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p96
Discusses the health benefits and costs of preparing vegetarian food items in the United States. Advice from Ellen Di Giampaolo, director of food and nutrition services at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center, on cost-saving practices in cooking vegetables; Details...
- Savoring Vegetarian Stews. Nash, Jonell // Essence (Essence);Sep99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p143
Focuses on vegetarian cooking particularly on stews. Reason many people are choosing meatless main meals; Benefits of eating vegetables; List of different kinds of root vegetables.
- SPA RIGHT. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jan2004, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on topics related to healthy living. Consciousness for the kind of food one eats; Alternative fats for use in home cooking; Benefits of a vegetarian diet.
- Understand customer needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on strategies for food service businesses in the United States for creating profitable vegetarian menus. Importance of understanding the food habits of vegetarian consumers; Value of the market segment. INSET: A Vegetarian glossary.
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- letters. // Vegetarian Journal;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
Presents the letters to the editor concerning health and food service. "VRG Website Info Helps Veggie Teen Defend Her Choice," which gives tips on vegetarianism; "Foundation Makes Eating Meat More Acceptable, Not Less," a response to the "Vegetarian Action," article and the "Note from the...
- Variety of Vegetable Soups: Convenient, Nutritious...Salty. Schepers, Anastasia // Environmental Nutrition;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses the role of vegetable soup in one's health. It says that vegetable soup fills an important nutrition void by contributing as much as a serving of often neglected vegetables. It also says that most vegetable soups offer more fiber and less saturated fat than beef or...