1999 vs. 1998: Prices Down 1.56%
- 3rd-Quarter Prices Stay Ahead of 2004's. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p32
This article reports the decline in prices of food in the FoodService Director Market Basket Index in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2005. The meat category dropped 2.52% from last quarter, reflecting a decrease in all sectors. The seafood index moved up 1.92% while the frozen food index...
- Pork fuels 3rd-quarter rise in market index. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the U.S. food category prices posted by the "Foodservice Director" (FSD) magazine market index for the third quarter ended October 2004. Comparison of the third quarter category prices in 2003 and 2004; Increase in the FSD wholesale price index for meat, frozen food and canned market...
- BUT LOW INFLATION CONTINUES: Higher prices are on the way. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p78
Presents updates on food prices in the United States as of July 2000. Wholesale price index for meat; Percentage of decrease in wholesale frozen food index; Wholesale price index for canned foods.
- MEAT, SEAFOOD UP, PRODUCE DOWN: Wholesale prices decrease 1.99%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p104
Reports on the 1.99 percent decline in wholesale food prices in April 2000. Year-to-date wholesale price index for meat and seafood; Price decreases for commodities, produce, canned and frozen foods; Percent increase in turkey production for year 2000.
- Market Basket ends 2005 up nearly 5% over '04. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p26
The article looks at the prices of food in the U.S. under the categories of meat, seafood, frozen and canned foods, produce, commodities, based on the 2005 Foodservice Director (FSD) price index. In general, market prices have increased since the low points of May 2005 to July 2005 but remain...
- LATE QUARTERS SHOW UPSWING: FSD Market Basket index down 0.21%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p68
Reports on the wholesale price index for all foods. Wholesale prices of meat; Wholesale prices index for canned foods; Price index of other foods.
- MEAT, FROZEN, CANNED FOOD GAIN: Market Basket up 1.84% in 3rd qtr. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p42
Presents information on the prices of various commodities in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Poultry; Seafood; Canned goods; Frozen foods.
- YEAR-TO-DATE: Index up 1.01%. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p96
Looks at the `FoodService Director' Market Basket Index from February 1998 to February 1999. Wholesale price index for meat; Price index for poultry; Price index for frozen food.
- IN THE COMING YEAR: Wholesale meat to climb 3%-4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p48
Presents information on the price indexes of meat, produce, commodities, frozen foods, canned foods and seafoods as of January 2002. Details of the increase in wholesale meat prices; Percentage of the price increase in canned food market; Information on the decrease in wholesale seafood prices;...