Part 1: The First Decade: The top 20 critical issues
- Cautious consumers, tight labor to shape Midwest's growth destiny in '99. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p70
Provides an outlook for restaurants in the Midwest of the United States in 1999. Views of some restaurant executives; Outlook for each state; Economic conditions of the states.
- Mid-Atlantic operators' optimism defies region's slow-growth forecast. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p74
Provides an outlook for restaurants in Mid-Atlantic states of the United States in 1999. Sales projections; Comments from some restaurant executives; Economic conditions of the region.
- New England operators' hear hum of growth as labor blues sound sour note. Battaglia, Andy // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p76
Provides an outlook for restaurant operators in New England in 1999. Foodservice sales projections; Comments from some operators; Concerns of operators.
- Casual segment strong, wary of second half. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p46
Highlights the views of food service executives on the performance of casual dining establishments in the United States in the second half of 2001. Pricing flexibility; Barriers to going public; Free-cash-flow situation at Outback Steakhouse.
- Outlook 2000: Report projects $18B gain. Papiernik // Nation's Restaurant News;01/03/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
Forecasts the increase of the sales revenues of United States restaurants in year 2000. Amount of the profits of the foodservice industry in 1999; Continuation of the positive growth of restaurants; Percentage increase of consumer spending.
- Industry's future looks bright, say analysts, operators. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p90
Reports on industry analysts and operators' optimism about the outlook on growth and performance in foodservice in the United States, as discussed at the fall session of the 1999 Foodservice Financial Forum held in Dallas, Texas. Economic forecasts; Strength of baby boomers earning money;...
- Industry experts: Focus on execution, profit. Papiernik, Richard L.; Hamstra, Mark // Nation's Restaurant News;11/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p1
Details foodservice operators and sector analysts' industry forecast during the second 1998 session of the `Nation's Restaurant News' Foodservice Forum. Analysts' confidence on the performance of the United States industry that can meet consumers' growing expectations; Caution on industry...
- Parting thoughts on pizza, zoo dining, Sino-Cuban cuisine. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p106
Offers an outlook for restaurant business in 1999. Comments on home-cooked pizza; Observations on some restaurants.
- FULL SERVICE TAKES A BIGGER BITE! Sanson, Michael; Mariani, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2003, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p29
Forecasts the market outlook of the restaurant industry in the U.S. for 2003. Sales growth posted by the industry from 1971 to 2003; Concerns raised by operators; Competition facing the industry; Trends in the food service industry. INSETS: IDINE'S TOP 10 DINING OUT TRENDS;MARIANI'S...