Canteen Signs RE Services
- Five Star Becomes Canteen Franchisee. // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the Canteen franchise agreement signed by Five Star Food Service Inc. and Canteen Vending Services Inc. in the U.S. Under the agreement, Canteen will acquire specific territories of Five Star in the Southeast, while Five Star will also acquire some of the territories and...
- NEBRASKA OPERATOR SIGNS ON: Canteen franchise grows. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p24
Announces that Valley Vending Service Inc. has joined as a franchisee of Canteen Vending Services in 2001. Background on Valley Vanding; Expansion plans of Valley Vending.
- Focus: Franchise. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/28/96, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p31
Focuses on the opportunities presented by multi-concept franchisees to foodservice franchisors. Acceptance of mom-and-pop franchise operators; Means for franchisors to gain a stronghold within appealing territories because of franchisees' intimate knowledge of those markets; Economies of scale...
- Franchise focus: Synergy. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p57
Focuses on the importance of synergy in dual branding in the food service industry in the United States. Role of co-branding in boosting sales and name recognition; Trend toward dual branding between franchisors and franchisees; Issues to be considered in dual branding.
- Franchise relations: Is it a more level playing field? Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/96, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the growing rivalry between franchisors and franchisees in the American food service industry. Impact of a court decision beneficial to franchisees; Franchisors' resistance to changes and shifting trends; Representative John LaFalce's proposed legislation stemming franchisor abuses. ...
- Franchises are still mostly food. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;6/7/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p36
Reports on the growth in food service franchising in Puerto Rico in 2001. Influence of the success of foreign food service franchises within the area on the decision of local entrepreneurs to expand through franchising and boost profits from their own concepts; Results of the Gaither...
- Peace prize: Franchisees, franchisors learn cooperation fuels prosperity of business. DeBolt, Don // Nation's Restaurant News;12/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p26
Focuses on the aspects of franchising in the food service industry. Susceptibility of tension between those involved in franchising; Measures for aiming success in franchising; Citations of the dispute-resolution resource available.
- The NRN 50--the franchisees. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan98 Annual Franchisees, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p12
Provides an overview of the growth of franchise systems in the foodservice industry of the United States. History of Harlan Sanders' KFC Corp.; Competition within the industry; Sewing machine manufacturer I.M. Singer & Co.'s creation of the country's first franchise system in the 1850s; Howard...
- Food for thought. // Entrepreneur;Jul96, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p42
Reports on fast-food franchises located at United States airports. Fast food franchises at the Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport; Fast food outlets at Boston-Logan International Airport; Fast food franchises at the Chicago-O'Hare International Airport.