Now 36-Million People: USDA revises hunger figures
- Hidden hunger. // Progressive;Sep94, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p8
Looks at information about hunger in America. Report from the Tufts University Center on Hunger, Poverty, and Nutrition Policy on the increase in the number of hungry people in the United States between 1985 and 1992; Facts from an issue of `Food First.'
- Indicators. Zinsmeister, Karl // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p16
Features socio-economic and political indicators in the United states. Citizens' perception on government; Level of taxation; Growth in the scale of government per individual citizen; State and local taxes; State and local debt. INSETS: Viva la difference (humorous look on the economy).;Snips...
- U.S. in focus: Social data. // Junior Scholastic;1/14/94-1/21/94, Vol. 96 Issue 9/10, p23
Part II. Presents statistics on the United States and its states. Percent population change from 1980-1990; Population in metropolitan areas; Per-capita income; Poverty rate; Federal taxes paid per capita; Public school spending per student; More.
- U.S. in focus Part 2. // Junior Scholastic;1/13/95 & 1/20/95, Vol. 97 Issue 9/10, p21
Focuses on economic and social data about the United States as a whole as well as its various states. Includes percent population change from 1980 to 1990; Population in metropolitan areas in 1992; Population under 18 years as of 1993; Population age 65 and over as of 1993; Personal income per...
- Being poor in America. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn96, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p122
Presents statistics comparing nonpoor and poor families in the United States as published in the May 1996 issue of `Monthly Labor Review.' Includes total before-tax family income; Sources of income; Use of food stamps; Ownership of homes.
- To verify... // Leadership -- A Practical Journal for Church Leaders;Winter95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p42
Presents various statistics concerning the social conditions of the United States. Instances of sex per hour on daytime television dramas; Number of nonchurched Americans who listen to Christian radio; Number of Muslims in the United States.
- Who we are. Roberts, Sam // Cosmopolitan;Jan1994, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p88
Presents statistics about American life- and lovestyles. Number of unmarried couples living together during the 1980s; Marriage, divorce and remarriage rates; Wedding ceremonies performed in 1990; Surging divorce rates; Ratio of single men to single women; Birth rates; Meccas for single people;...
- Vital statistics. Motte, Paula // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov/Dec97, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p18
Presents statistics on various topics in the United States. Amount which the average households plans to spend on holiday gifts; Percentage increase in cosmetic surgery since 1992; Gallons of coffee the average American drank in 1996.
- WHAT SHOULD YOU REALLY BE AFRAID OF? // Whole Earth;Fall2002, Issue 109, p42
Presents statistics in the U.S. concerning death and crime.