An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: MetroHealth Consolidates Try-Line Facilities
- MetroHealth introduces cook-chill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
Cites the benefits of a Groen Capkold cook-chill system installed by the MetroHealth System, which supports an acute care county hospital and two satellite facilities in Cleveland, Ohio. Reduction in food- and labor-cost; Improvement in patient and customer satisfaction; Expected improvement in...
- MetroHealth to create $25M geriatrics center. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that MetroHealth System plans to spend at least $25 million to turn the former Deaconess Hospital into a "one-stop-shop" for geriatric care by 2007. The 426,000-square-foot former hospital will have a 150-bed nursing home and other elder-care services, such as hospice and...
- Scalpel poised at MetroHealth. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/19/94, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p3
Reports that MetroHealth Systems has decided to cut its budget by $20 million in 1995 in an effort to compete for managed-care contracts. Plans on reducing full-time equivalent employees; Consolidation of management positions; Background on MetroHealth; Cost-cutting plans.
- Cleveland system faces layoffs. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on Cleveland, Ohio-based MetroHealth System's plan of eliminating jobs because of a major funding cut from Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Affiliation with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
- $2.5M upgrade set for Metro's Life Flight fleet. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p14
MetroHealth System's fleet of four Cleveland Metro Life Flight helicopters will get an estimated $2.5 million overhaul during the next 18 months as of September 29, 2003. MetroHealth has signed a contract with Keystone Helicopters of West Chester, Pennsylvania, to take helicopters apart one at a...
- Metro Health Pediatric Team. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/1/98 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p47
Introduces Metro Health's Pediatric team of providers in Michigan. Healthcare services; Locations of the team's practice sites in the state.
- MetroHealth extends Care Plus insurance program through April 30. Magaw, Timothy // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/6/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p0006
The article reports on the extension of the Care Plus insurance program of MetroHealth through April 30, 2014, which provided health insurance to thousands of people in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Long-term care braces for growth. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the improvement in food service at long-term care facilities in the U.S. according to the Long-term Care Industry Census Report released by the "FoodService Director" magazine. Quality of foods being served to ensure seniors' health; Efforts of food service operators in providing...
- Key Clinic physician leaving to head Metro staff. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/20/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p6
Reports that Cleveland Clinic physician Melinda Estes left the clinic to become MetroHealth System's chief of staff and senior vice president of medical affairs. Career background; Tasks at MetroHealth; Other credentials.