And Eyes ACF Courses: Indiana M-O-W receives $65,000 cook-chill grant
- Grants to address needs of Palm Beach residents. // South Florida Times;7/24/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p1B
The article reports that food delivery service of the Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches has been extended into the Lake Worth area in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- 2,500 Daily Production Could Double: Ohio Meals-On-Wheels Banks on Cook-Chill. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p48
Focuses on the Meals-on-Wheels program of Stark and Wayne Counties in Massillon, Ohio. Meals provided through the program; How the program avoids additional costs; Goal of the program.
- Citymeals becomes a nationwide effort. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p50
Reports that Citymeals-on-Wheels has become a national organization under the name Citymeals-on-Wheels USA on May 1, 1997. Funding from Visa USA; Names of founding members; Objectives of the organization.
- NANASP taking aim at breakfast for seniors. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p5
Reports on a survey conducted by the National Association of Nutrition & Aging Services Programs (NANASP), in collaboration with General Mills, to assess the number of Meals on Wheels operators who provide breakfast to seniors. Information on survey conducted in July 1996 by the National Meals...
- Indiana HS dishes out ostrich, buffalo, alligator. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the sale of ostrich, buffalo, alligator tail and halibut steaks at Crown Point High School, Indiana in November 1996, for a reimbursable lunch paid price of $1.65. Comments from food service director, Don Duquette; Information on the food service at Crown Point.
- Understand and deliver. Baker, Jane // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/3/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4203, p24
Discusses why providers of meals-on-wheels programs in Great Britain focus on providing care for the elderly when delivering their meals. Role of meals-on-wheels drivers in delivering meals to the elderly; Process followed by several providers in delivering the meals.
- Seniors in Need:. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p58
The author reflects on the trends and issues in relation to providing healthy foods to older people in the U.S. He notes the growing number of people aged 60 and over in relation to the funding allotted for their food and care. He explains why the magazine did not feature articles about food...
- Meals to home deliveries up tenfold at Conn. hosp. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the expansion of the Meals to the Home delivery program at Willimantic, Connecticut-based Windham Hospital. Program's inclusion of all of the 19 Connecticut towns covered by the hospital; Growth of the program since July 1997; Hospital's investment in the program; Pricing structure;...
- PLAN TARGETS SERVICES AGENCIES: BATEMAN BRACING FOR SRS. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the home-delivered meal program of Bateman Healthcare/Compass Group in the United States. How it customizes its services; How it involves clients in the menu planning process; Factors considered in menu planning.