For Grades K-8: Fla. School Supper Program Boosts Meal Counts by 1,500
- Campus Dining: Students give new facilities better grades. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p60
Focuses on the refurbishment in the campus dining facilities handled by Aramark Corp. in the U.S. Deployment of technology in food service; Response of students to the enhanced services; Estimated number of campus dining accounts managed by Aramark.
- News Digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p52
The article presents news briefs relevant to food service and restaurants in the U.S. as of June 2008. Foodservice company Redwood Airport Management has opened its first full-service Dunkin' Donuts unit at the Philadelphia International Airport. Bon Appetit Management Co. was selected by...
- Tim Zintz: Well schooled in campus dining. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p34
The article focuses on chef Tim Zintz for whom cooking for college students has become an education in itself. Tim Zintz, a district executive chef for Aramark's Campus Dining Services division has learned volumes as his culinary input becomes integral to the lifestyles of the university...
- Burger With a Side of Cool. Springen, Karen // Newsweek;11/14/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the increasing popularity of "U.B.U." lounges at high school cafeterias. The lounges, designed by food-service provider Aramark Corp., feature designer furniture and popular music in the effort to make cafeterias more attractive to students. Michael Carr of the National...
- ARAMARK EXPANDS AT OLD DOMINION. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the expansion of the partnership between Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia and Aramark, the university's food service provider, as of December 2002. Description of the Ted Convocation Center established by the university; Menu to be served by Aramark at the convocation center.
- ARAMARK TAKES OVER UNIV. CITY: St. Louis district seeks fdsvc. upgrade with contractor. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p42
Highlights the activities of the School District of University City in Saint Louis, Missouri with regard to its food service. Selection of Aramak to run the district's food service operation; Adoption of an electronic point-of-sale system by the school district; Upgrades made to food...
- Tent pitches in at U-Alabama. // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the decision of Aramark to build a tent as a temporary solution to the overcrowding of students at the University of Alabama dining facility in Tuscaloosa during peak hours. The tent was erected to accommodate all students for the semester after the delays in building the...
- Aramark `sells' parents on school food. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the efforts of Aramark Corp. to invite parents of school children to programs involving school foodservice in Rhode Island.
- Renovate '98 helps Duval County school cafeterias attract students. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p52
Highlights Aramark Corp.'s successful implementation of its Renovate '98 foodservice program at the Duval County schools in Florida. Renovation of school cafeterias; Introduction of new equipment and Aramark's branded concepts; Increase in student participation; Budget surplus for Duval County...