- Cement Industry Honors Five Plants for Environmental Achievements. // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p47
Features several manufacturing plants selected as winners of the first Cement Industry Environmental Awards in the U.S. Achievements of the companies; Criteria; Implications for promoting environmental protection.
- CEMENT PLANTS COMMENDED FOR BENEFITING LOCAL COMMUNITIES, GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT. // Environmental Design & Construction;May2007, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p12
The article announces six cement plants that won in the Sixth Annual Cement Industry Environment and Energy Awards in the U.S., including St. Marys Cement Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and St. Marys Cement Inc.
- Cement Map Key. // Rock Products;Aug2007 Cement Supplement, Vol. 110, p20
A map of portland cement plants in the U.S. and Canada is presented.
- Cimpor Sivas Cement Factory. // Cimento ve Beton Dunyasi / Cement & Concrete World;Sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 93, p25
The article discusses the history of Cimpor Sivas Cement Factory in Sivas, Turkey. The factory's construction was started by Humboldt Co. of Germany in 1938 and it began producing cement for the East and Middle Anatolia Regions in 1943. The plant was privatized in 1992 and was acquired by the...
- CEMENT PLANTS COMMENDED FOR ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERN. // Concrete International;Jun2007, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the special recognition given to six cement plants in the United States and Canada during the Sixth Annual Cement Industry Environment and Energy Awards. The six cement plants were recognized for their commitment to improving the environment and their communities. The...
- Holcim begins construction on large cement plant. // Mining Engineering;May2006, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p10
Reports on cement plant being constructed by Holcim in Sainte Genevieve County, Missouri along the Mississippi River. Budget for the construction of the plant; Production capacity of the plant; Number of people to be employed in the plant.
- ESSROC TO DOUBLE W.V. PLANT OUTPUT. // Concrete Products;Mar2006, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on Nazareth, Pennsylvania-based Essroc Cement Corp.'s expansion and modernization plan for its plant in Martinsburg, West Virginia. The expansion is expected to be completed in 2008. The project will more than double the facility's capacity. The article also reports on...
- Nigeria's Dangote Cement re-opened its Gboko cement plant. // African Business News;2/ 5/2013, p23
The article reports on the re-opening of the cement plant of cement company Dangote Cement PLC in Gboko, Nigeria following its closure due to over supply.
- Cement technology in sub-Saharan Africa--Practical and scientific experiences. Schmidt, Wolfram; Hirya, Naomi N. M.; Bjegović, Dubravka; Uzoegbo, Herbert C.; Kumaran, Senthil G. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on the status of cement industry in sub-Saharan Africa. Topics discussed include the standings of South Africa as pioneer cement manufacturer in the country, the estimated 15 megatons cement which is produced per year, and the Matola cement plant which the first cement...