Gairdner winners honoured at Toronto symposium
- The envelope please: 2007 Gairdner winners. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;4/24/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 9, p1267
The article announces the five biomedical scientists who won in the 2007 Gairdner International Awards including David Allis of Rockefeller University, New York, Dennis J. Slamon of the University of California in Los Angeles and Harry F. Noller of the University of California in Santa Cruz.
- Scientists, Technical Innovators Win Medals of Science and Technology. // Physics Today;Feb2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p72
Presents the recipients of the 2000 National Medal of Science. John D. Baldeschwieler of Caltech; Yuan-Cheng B. Fung of the University of California, San Diego; Willis E. Lamb Jr. of the University of Arizona.
- Einstein on the beach. // UNESCO Courier;Feb94, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p42
Announces the 1993 UNESCO Einstein Gold Medal, struck in 1979 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of the great scientist, has been presented to Australia's Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.
- Press, Mullis win Japan Prize. Swinbanks, David // Nature;1/21/1993, Vol. 361 Issue 6409, p196
Reports that two US scientists have won this year's Japan Prize. Award winner Frank Press, president of the National Academy of Sciences; Award winner Kary Mullis, a private consultant in nucleic acid chemistry; Origins of the Japan Prize; Nobel Prize; Details.
- French AIDS team wins Faisal Prize. Dickson, David // Nature;2/25/1993, Vol. 361 Issue 6414, p674
Announces that three French AIDS researchers and two physicists, one German and one from the US, have received the 1993 King Faisal International Prize in medicine and physics. The work of Luc Montagnier, Jean-Claude Chermann and Francoise Barre-Sinoussi on identifying HIV and the way in which...
- Australia's new prize. Ewing, T. // Nature;4/19/1990, Vol. 344 Issue 6268, p692
Reports that the Australian Prize has been awarded to Eugene Nester of the University of Washington in Seattle, Jeff Schell of the Max Planck Institute and Allan Kerr of the White Agricultural Research Institute in Adelaide for their work on crown gall disease. Crown gall disease responsible...
- Editorial. Nolch, Guy // Australasian Science;Mar2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
Editorial. Criticizes the popularity of athletes over scientists in Australia. Recipients of the Australian of the Year award; Scientists featured in stamps.
- Bhatnagar Awards 2009. Malhotra, Richa // Current Science (00113891);10/10/2009, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p988
The article announces the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award given to several scientists in India including Amitabh Joshi, Charusita Chakravarty, and Abhishek Dhar.
- Russian Federation Presidentï¿½s Prize awarded to S. V. Krivovichev. // Radiochemistry;Apr2009, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p219
The article announces that Sergei Vladimirovich Krivovichev has received the Russian Federation President's Prize in the Field of Science and Innovations for Young Scientists award.