Ideological chasms divide US presidential hopefuls
- Data for Health Planning. Reeves, Philip N. // American Journal of Public Health;Jun1972, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p874
The author of this paper argues that we need a national system for collection of health data which will meet the needs of planners, evaluators and investigators at local, state and federal levels and that national health insurance legislation should require the collection of these data as well...
- Ohio could learn something from Mass. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p10
The article reports that Massachusetts Legislature last week passed a bill that requires all state residents to obtain health coverage by July 1, 2007 and Governor Mitt Romney, a Republican who might run for President in 2008, says he will sign it. The plan is projected to cover 515,000...
- Critical Mass. Lewis Jr., Morgan // Medical Economics;7/10/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p35
The article reports on the approval of the health insurance mandate "Chapter 58" which was signed into law by Governor Mitt Romney in Massachusetts. The law mandates that individuals who earn at least $32,508 must purchase health insurance through a private plan and those who earn less are...
- Massachusetts Mandates Health Insurance for All Residents. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p18
The article reports that Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has signed into a law a bill designed to guarantee health insurance for virtually all the state's residents. The bill is intended to extend coverage of the uninsured. It places responsibility on both individuals and businesses to reduce...
- The Mass.-ter Plan. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;6/10/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p22
The article highlights the collaboration of Massachusetts Republican Governor Mitt Romney and U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) in introducing a law that would mandate all state residents to have health insurance. Under the law, the uninsured people in Massachusetts will be able to purchase...
- Missed Target. Cohn, Jonathan // New Republic;9/27/2004, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p13
Offers a look at the health care proposals of United States Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry as of September 2004. Attacks of U.S. President George W. Bush against Kerry's health care proposals; Statement that Kerry's plan is expensive and the government would provide health...
- presidential race. // Hill;5/7/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 55, p15
The article offers news brief related to the U.S. presidential election including presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Tampa, Florida mayor Bob Buckhorn, and former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson.
- After Super Tuesday... Morris, Dick // Hill;3/7/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
The author focuses on several presidential candidates in the U.S. including Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum, and how he favors on the success of Romney on the said election.
- After Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri, Night's Biggest Loser Wasn't Romney OR Newt. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;02/07/2012, p1
A drawing featuring U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney is presented.