Tales From the Crypt
- Regionalizando a produÃ§Ã£o de documentÃ¡rios -- DocTV. Holanda, Karla // Ciberlegenda;2013, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p23
DocTV Program was a project created and carried out by Brazilian Ministry of Culture (2003-2010). Documentaries on DocTV were produced in each state and exhibited on the national network by way of public stations. This regional character in their production and exhibition is rare in the history...
- Documentaries. // Televisual;Feb2007, p26
The article focuses on the trends that dominated mainstream television documentaries in Great Britain. It is stated that documentaries have become predictable, while viewers are tired of them and they want to try something different. According to one senior producer, breakthrough shows have been...
- TV and the Near Eastern Archaeologist. Cline, Eric H. // Near Eastern Archaeology;Sep2008, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p172
This article presents the author's thoughts on the relationship between archaeology and mass media. He expresses frustration with television programs that misrepresent and sensationalize the study of archaeology and the role of the archaeologist. Although he has participated in several...
- Crusades. J. L. // New York;11/7/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p114
Reviews the documentary television program "The Crusades" aired at History Channel from November 6-7, 2005.
- TV History: Requiem or Resurrection? Downing, Taylor // History Today;Jan2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p28
The article presents an examination of history-related television programming and history documentaries. It discusses the popularity of history programming during the years 2000-2005 and examines why there has been a decrease in this programming since 2005. It discusses programs that have...
- Can TV Make History? Furtado, Peter // History Today;May2006, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p2
The article looks at the television documentaries made by filmmaker Norma Percy. The award-winning series made by Percy, together with Brian Lapping, include The Second Russian Revolution, The Death of Yugoslavia, The Fall of Milosevic, Elusive Peace, and many more. All have added to the...
- World War II television shows. // Army Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p62
Reports on the broadcasting of two television specials about World War II on The History Channel in February 1999. Screening of documentary `Save Our History: The WWII Memorial' on Veterans Day; Screening of color film and still images of the war in `History Alive: World War II in Color' on...
- 'Tomb' Raider. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;5/13/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p17
A review of the DVD release of the documentary television program "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," directed by Simcha Jacobovici is presented.
- Tune in and Turn the Pagesâ€¦. Rogers, Aída // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Spring2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p77
The article focuses on SC-ETV's documentary series titled "Carolina Stories." The first part titled "Jolly," is about a renegade Anderson County Confederate soldier, who began killing Union soldiers. The second part titled "Steel Roads and Iron Men," is about South Carolina's railroading industry.