- KMART FALLS BACK TO FORM. Sweeney, Brigid // Crain's Chicago Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3
The article presents information on the financial performance of department store chain Kmart Corp. Kmart's sales dipped by 1.4% recently. The poor financial performance of Kmart had added pressure on its parent company to turn around its chain Sears. Sears's sales recently dipped by 2.8%, which...
- U.S. chain-store sales grew 0.9 percent in September. // SCTWeek;10/5/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p2
The article presents information on the performance of the chain stores in the U.S. According to ICSC's index, discounters and wholesale clubs helped to raise the overall same-store sales at U.S. chains by 0.9 percent for September 2012. Wholesale clubs posted 6% growth in the month while...
- Supervalu reports strong earnings, ramps up remodels. Desjardins, Doug // Drug Store News;11/12/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Eden Prairie, Minnesota-based grocery retail chain Supervalu in the quarter ending September 8, 2007. The company reported sales of $10.2 billion for the quarter and earnings of $148 million, up from $132 million during the same quarter in...
- KOUNTRY KORNER: ALL IN THE FAMILY. FURORE, KATHLEEN // Convenience Store News for the Single Store Owner;Apr2011 Single Store Solutions, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p4
The article presents a case study on convenience store chain Kountry Korner doing its business. Kountry Korner faces pressure from several chain operations like other convenience stores. Kountry Korner president Sharon Whitney said that managing fresh salads, yogurt and tobacco products inspite...
- Tough retail month as chains' sales splutter. Felgner, Brent // Home Textiles Today;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p17
Reports that the sales performance of chain stores in the United States declined in April 2004. Gains recorded by merchants; Sales performance of the home furnishings category; Factors attributed to the decline in the performance of the sector; Individual performances of stores.
- DrugMax poised to bolster specialty, worksite business. Alexander, Antoinette // Drug Store News;10/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p5
Reports that specialty pharmacy and drug distribution provider Drug-Max has bolstered its specialty pharmacy and worksite pharmacy business through the additional support from institutional investors and a major bank in September 1999. Company background; Business performance; Plans for the...
- Costco Likes Tax Break. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;10/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p36
Reports that because of a lower tax rate and a smaller tax bill, fourth quarter profits at Costco Wholesale Corp. have increased. Observation that nearly half of the rise came from the break in taxes; Earnings if the tax relief were excluded; Operating profits.
- ON THE BEATEN TRACK. Garbato, Debby // Retail Merchandiser;Jan2005, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on Tractor Supply Co., a farm supply chain store founded in Minot, North Dakota. Strategy of the company in addressing negative issues; History of the chain store; Sales in 2004.
- SWOT Analysis. // Lotte Shopping Company Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Aug2010, p1
A profile of Lotte Shopping Company Limited, a Seoul, South Korea-based company that operates a chain of department stores, discount stores and supermarkets, is presented. Particular focus is given to the company's financial performance in 2009. Key facts about the company, such as contact...