- Redstone eager to sell cable assets. K.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 43, p43
Reports on Viacom-Paramount Chairman Sumner Redstone's efforts to sell his cable TV operations. Industry rate regulations and competition as reasons given; Prediction that telephone companies will enter the cable business with ease.
- For Redstone, time again to grow. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on developments related to entertainment company Viacom as of April 26, 1999. Company chairman and chief executive officer Sumner Redstone's plans for the company; Development and acquisition of new cable channels; Financial performance of Blockbuster Entertainment unit; Merger and...
- Invasion of the Viacom people. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p11
Reports on Viacom Inc. Chairman Sumner Redstone's plan to create his own cable networks after losing his stake in USA Network's Sci-Fi Channel. Viacom's plan to create a general network aimed at adults 50-plus and a science-fiction network in the United States; Competition facing the...
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p5
Presents news on the cable television business as of April 15, 2002. Information on the free video-on-demand package Wisdom Television is offering to new affiliates; Increase in the salaries received by Sumner Redstone and Mel Karmazin at Viacom; Venture capital funding closed by Syndeo Corp.,...
- Redstone Doesn't Fret Over Powerful MSOs. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;04/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p3
Reports on Viacom Inc. chairman Sumner Redstone's statement that he no longer fears multiservice operator (MSO) consolidation as a barrier to distributing cable networks over cable systems. Basic cable television networks owned by Viacom; Merger negotiations with CBS Corp.; Keynote address...
- BREAK UP TO MAKE UP. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the decision of cable operator Viacom to split its unit into two. Position to be held by chairman Sumner Redstone after the spin off; Benefits of the spin off for the company; Effect of the spin off on shareholders.
- A new channel for Viacom? // Electronic Media;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p59
Reports on the plan of Viacom Inc.'s chairman Sumner Redstone to launch its own science-fiction network in the fall of 2001 when a noncompete agreement with USA Networks expires.
- Viacom breakup a much-needed tonic. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;3/21/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p3
This article reports that Viacom Inc. chief Executive Sumner Redstone said that he may offer investors the chance to tune in on a radical remake of his company. The company's new offering should prove a hit with investors who have grown tired of following the meandering Viacom melodrama over the...
- MTV in play with game division. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/28/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 40, p5
This article reports that Viacom Inc. has launched a new division, called MTV Games, which will work as an in-house interactive entertainment studio and a partner to outside game makers to develop product for the cable television network Music Television audience. MTV Games also will serve as a...