BATTLE TO THE TOP
- I-movo to offer brands targeted mobile ad space. // Precision Marketing;1/13/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on mobile marketing company i-movo's offering of free text credits to phone users if they agree to watch targeted advertisements on their mobile telephones in Great Britain. The company will launch the service in partnership with mobile technology provider i-text.
- Free mobile handsets. // Management Services;Nov96, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p36
Mobile handsets with SIM card locks that cannot be unlocked by the user are anti-competitive according to Brussels, Belgium and the Directorate General for Competition has told manufacturers they should not supply them. If users cannot unlock them, the SIM cards effectively tie the handset into...
- Ringing In Changes. Leo, Christie; McClure, Steve // Billboard;10/4/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 40, p21
The article discusses attempts made by recored labels to receive a greater share of ringback tone revenue. Major record companies want to move away from the current business model where mobile companies pay a one-time fee to labels for ringback tones on a per-song basis in favor of revenue...
- New Models Aim At Higher Prices. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the additional features included in the cellular telephones offered by vendors. Expectations of vendors on the next-generation phones; Factors that will drive the sale of the phones; Share of Nokia Corp. in the cellular market.
- 3G mobiles to be 56% of all sales. // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p7
Reports on the forecast of Yankee Group company about the sales of third generation mobile telephones in Europe in 2006. Forecast on the slow down of handset sales in 2001; Estimated growth rate of handset sales in 2001.
- Messaging moves from ears to thumbs to eyes. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p12
Focuses on the emergence of picture messaging in cellular telephones offered by wireless carriers. Evolution of cellular phones; Picture messaging services launched by carriers in Europe; Free trials on multimedia messaging service offered by carriers.
- Prepaid: Operators shy away from data. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p18
Reports that cellular communications services companies in Asia are reluctant to give prepaid customers the same services given to postpaid customers. Possible key to unlocking growth by offering additional functionality and choice; Discrimination against prepaid customers with regards to...
- Base station deployments in Europe to double by 2005. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
Forecasts increase in base station deployments of cellular radio in Europe in 2005. Estimated growth of deployment; Leadership of Netherlands and Belgium during the forecast period; Impact of the exceptional performance of the cellular market on rate of base station deployment.
- Cellular Markets (21-40). // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p18
Ranks cellular telephone markets in the United States based on its number of subscribers as of May 2001.