INDEPENDENT RETAILER WATCH: Tech and Helping Customers
- Out of Style. Cunningham, Roger B. // Operations & Fulfillment;Apr2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
Assesses the information technology department of catalog and retail companies. Features of the information system; Signs of an outdated information technology organization in retail trade; Factors to consider for the maintenance of an information technology department. INSET: Fashion Faux Pas.
- UPC Scanner Pricing Systems: Is the Consumer Really Better Off? Goodstein, Ronald C.; Escalas, Jennifer Edson // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p478
Tests and supports consumers' concerns regarding the use of scanner systems in retail deception. Rate of overrings and underrings; Arguments; Implications for public policy makers, retailers and academics.
- Island Computer Components keeps a close watch on local market trends. Doyle, B. G. // Caribbean Business;1/14/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the technological innovations carried by various retail trades in Puerto Rico.
- The E-commerce Edge. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p130
Focuses on information technology advances in the retail industry in the Caribbean Area in 2001. Industry changes brought about by information technology; Overview on the efforts of local industry players in installing information technology; Response of customers to information technology...
- Finding the information gold in mountains of data. Bogan, Dan // Chain Store Age;Feb96, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p164
Comments on the state of retailing technology as its moves to the 21st century. Proliferation of computing and scanning technologies; Competitive advantages; Increased customer demand for more value; Importance of detail data for retailers; Technologies aimed to provide significant cost savings...
- Who's using whom? // Chain Store Age;Feb96, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p176
Reports on technological developments in the retail industry in the United States as of February 1996. Includes news on the completion of Indyme's installation of its ShopTalk II customer service system in 898 Fred Meyer stores; Chainwide rollout of the People-Planning labor management system...
- Retailers expand IT's role. // Chain Store Age;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the use of information technology in retail trade. Operating expenses; Systems integration and implementation; Changing platforms; Capital spending; Increase in the number of information technology employees.
- Revitalizing IT. // Chain Store Age;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on retailers' adoption of new information technology technologies. Propensity to adopt new technologies; Client server computing; Shared services and outsourcing.
- Specialty hardlines. // Chain Store Age;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the use of information technology personnel by specialty hardline retailers in 1996. Operating expenses; Statistics; Capital expenditures.
- Other specialty. // Chain Store Age;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on specialty retailers' use of information technology in 1996. Operating expenses; Statistics; Capital expenditures.