Amazon's Third-Party Revenue Grows Stronger in Q3; Potter Numbers Up
- Media Group Sales up 9% At Amazon.com in Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/28/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 17, p9
Reports on an increase in sales of Amazon.com's North America media division for the first quarter ended March 31, 2003. Comparison of the North America media division growth rate to other company divisions; Decrease in company's net loss; Reclassification of Amazon's reporting segments.
- From the Rigging to the Web-bing. Quint, Barbara // Information Today;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
Presents an anecdote of the author's experience buying a set of books from Amazon.com that came highly recommended. Decision to buy all the books at once in order to save on shipping and handling costs; Opinion that the books are not as good as expected; Desire to be able to come up with...
- A Family Matter (Guest Voice). Parker, Kathleen // Moderate Voice;8/9/2013, p1
The article informs that The Washington Post has been sold to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, for 250 million and states that Don Graham the owner of the Washington Post said that publicly held company does not have the necessary resources for innovation and survival in the Internet age.
- AMAZON. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/11/2013, pA02
The article reports on the acquisition of TenMarks, an online math programs provider, by electronic commerce company Amazon.Com Inc.
- Amazon. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/4/2015, pA02
The article reports on the acquisition of mobile and online food-ordering company GrubHub Inc. by electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc. for the expansion of its Amazon Restaurants delivery business.
- Amazon Revenue Up 14.7% in Q3; Expecting Banner Q4. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the growth in revenue of Amazon.com Inc. in its media business in North America. It has a reported growth of 14.7 percent from $684 million to $784 million for the third quarter with a decline in the operating income at 28 percent to $40 million in the three months period...
- CHAPTER 10: E-RETAILERS: LARGEST COMPANIES. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Retail Business Market Research Handbook;2012, p57
A list of the top 500 companies ranked by online sales volume is presented which includes Amazon.com, Staples and Apple.
- Twitch Switch To Amazon. // Micro Mart;9/4/2014, Issue 1327, p32
The article reports on the purchase of the video game-streaming service Twitch by the online retailer Amazon in a deal worth $970 million.
- Amazon Snaps Up Zappos.com. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;7/22/2009, p1
The article reports on the decision of online retailer Amazon.com to acquire Internet shoe store Zappos in a cash-and-stock transaction valued at $807 million. It is noted that the move integrates two Internet brands known for enormous selections and easy returns. Amazon has agreed to acquire...