S&S, HC on Opposite Sides Of Brand Curve in Q3
- Jane FRIEDMAN. // Entertainment Weekly;
Profiles Jane Friedman, president of Harpercollins Publishers company.
- Turning the page. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;11/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p1
Profiles Jane Friedman, head of HarperCollins. Career history; Educational background; Contributions to the company; Achievements.
- HarperCollins Posts Another Record Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p9
Reports on the earnings and revenue posted by HarperCollins for the fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2003. Factors that have affected the operating earnings of HarperCollins; Financial performance of the major publishing divisions of HarperCollins; Projections for the fiscal 2004 earnings of...
- Ready for the Last Round. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 45, p4
The article reports on the earnings of publishing company HarperCollins (HC) for the third quarter of 2005. It has a 7.4 increase in its third quarter earnings. Jane Friedman, president of HC is expecting a good fourth quarter profit, particularly in the company's children's division. The...
- Harper Breaks the Billion Mark. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the amount of revenues and operating profits incurred by HarperCollins for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000. Views of HarperCollins President Jane Friedman on the revenue growth in the company; Details on the revenues and profits of several book divisions.
- Publisher unbound. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the efforts of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. chief executive officer Jane Friedman in helping the New York City-based publishing company return to profitability. Signing of author Michael Crichton to a two-book contract; Details regarding the efforts of the chief executive in...
- Friedman named president and CEO of HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 45, p10
Reports that in the fall of 1997 Jane Friedman was named president and chief executive officer (CEO) of HarperCollins. Friedman as the successor to Anthea Disney, who was named chairman of News America Publishing; Friedman's career at Random House.
- Fast Start for HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the first quarter results of HarperCollins as of November 2002. Financial result of the company for the fiscal year 2002 which ended June 30, 2002; Increase in operating income and sales for the first quarter of the fiscal year 2003; Factors that contributed to the gains according to...
- HC profits up 200% in year; Hemming is new publisher. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/17/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 33, p13
Reports that HarperCollins increased its operating profits 200 percent in its year ending June 30, 1998. Amount of publishing revenues for HarperCollins; Hiring of Cathy Hemming as executive vice-president and publisher of the HarperCollins adult trade group; Jane Friedman's position as...