Obstructive Jaundice with fever and eosinophilia
- The ears have it. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p153
Speculates on which site of the human anatomy jaundice is first detected at.
- First sign of jaundice. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p107
Focuses on the possibility that jaundice can be detected under the frenum of the tongue in contrast to the suggestion that it first appears in the tympanic membrane or the sclera.
- A nasty disease. Keating, Herbert J.; Rivas-Gotz, Carlos // Cortlandt Forum;12/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p231
Presents a medical case of a patient with idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES). Accountability of worldwide, parasitic infections for most cases of eosinophilia; Common causes; Lack of specific diagnostic tests for idiopathic HES syndrome; Mortality rate of the disease especially when...
- A case of dysphagia with clinically isolated syndrome. Edwards, U.; Atherton, J. C.; Zaitoun, A. M.; Constantinescu, C. S. // Multiple Sclerosis (13524585);Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p716
A letter to the editor is presented about a case of a 26-year-old man diagnosed with clinically isolated syndrome, asthma and eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Eosinophilic Leukemia. Benvenisti, Dan S.; Ultmann, John E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct69, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p731
Analyzes several cases of eosinophilic leukemia. Difficulty in establishing a diagnosis of eosinophilic leukemia; Criteria for accepting cases as eosinophilic leukemia; Relationship of eosinophilic leukemia to the myeloproliferative disorders and hyperallergic or autoimmune diseases.
- Eosinophilic Cellulitis in a Child Successfully Treated with Cetirizine. Aroni, Kyriaki; Aivaliotis, Markos; Liossi, Anna; Davaris, Pangiotis // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;6/23/99, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p332
Examines the efficacy of cetirizine in treating eosinophilic cellulitis or Wells'syndrome to a child. Complaints of the patient; Presence of rashes of grouped red papules; Results of histopathological examination; Dosage of cetirizine treatment.
- Budd-Chiari Syndrome Associated with the Hypereosinophilic Syndrome. Vargas, Carlos A.; Maldonado, Oscar; Botero, Rafael C.; Jeffers, Lennon J.; Parker, Falley; Reddy, K. Rajender; Schiff, Eugene R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1993, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p1802
Presents a letter to the editor about Budd-Chiari syndrome associated with the hypereosinophilic syndrome.
- Eosinophilic myenteric ganglionitis is associated with functional intestinal obstruction. Schappi, M.G.; Smith, V.V.; Milla, P.J.; Lindley, K.J. // Gut;May2003, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p752
Studies the association between eosinophilic myenteric ganglionitis and functional intestinal obstruction. Diagnostic features of severe functional intestinal obstruction and inflammation of the colonic lamina propria; Motility and histological characteristics of the condition.
- Possible drug reaction, eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome in an infant. // South African Journal of Child Health;Mar2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Possible drug reaction, eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome in an infant from ingestion of spirostachys africana complicated by measles co-infection," by R.A. Beach and colleagues in the December 2010 issue.