Upper gastrointestinal bleeding with a difficult endoscopy
- ROCK ALL SCORE IN NONVARICEAL UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL BLEEDING (NVUGIB): A PREDICTOR OF IN-HOSPITAL REBLEEDING. Shafaghi, Afshin; Mansour-Ghanaei, Fariborz; Mohtasham, Mahsa; Joukar, Farahnaz; Mavaddati, Sara; Jahromi, Sina Khajeh // Indian Journal of Medical Research & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Oct2016, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p15
Introduction: Although the Rockall scoring system is designed to predict morbidity, mortality and bleeding in patients, the accuracy and validity of these indicators had not been reviewed among the patients of the north of Iran, Guilan. The aim of this study was to evaluate the Rockall scoring...
- Radiology and endoscopy in acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Fraser, G.M.; Rankin, R.N.; Cummack, D.H. // British Medical Journal;1/31/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6004, p270
Examines the efficacy of radiology and endoscopy for the treatment of acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Diagnosis of the disease; Complication of the technique; Identification of the bleeding for the management of the condition.
- Comparative Study between Endoscopy and Radiology in Acute Upper Gastrointestinal Haemmorrhage. Hoare, A.M. // British Medical Journal;1/4/1975, Vol. 1 Issue 5948, p27
Presents a comparative study between endoscopy and radiology in acute upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage. Reference of patients with acute upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage; Analysis on the cause of bleeding; Methods of the study.
- Capsule Endoscopy Versus Computed Tomographic or Standard Angiography for the Diagnosis of Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Saperas, Esteve; Dot, Joan; Videla, Sebastian; Alvarez-Castells, Agust; Perez-Lafuente, Mercedes; Armengol, Jose Ramón; Malagelada, Juan-R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2007, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p731
BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Capsule endoscopy (CE) is superior to push enteroscopy and small bowel barium radiography in detecting the source of obscure GI bleeding. We now compared whether CE has a superior diagnostic yield than CT angiography (CTA) or standard mesenteric angiography (ANGIO) in...
- Endoscopic management of non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Yadav, Praveen Kumar; Liu, Zhan-Ju // HealthMed;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p3519
No abstract available.
- Predictors of Rebleeding in Upper Gastrointestinal Dieulafoy Lesions. Sang-Hun Park; Du-Hyeon Lee; Chang-Hwan Park; Jin Jeon; Ho-Jun Lee; Sung-Uk Lim; Seon-Young Park; Hyun-Soo Kim; Sung-Kyu Choi; Jong-Sun Rew // Clinical Endoscopy;Sep2015, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p385
Background/Aims: Dieulafoy lesions (DLs) are a rare but significant cause of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. We aimed to define the clinical significance of rebleeding and identify the predictors of rebleeding and mortality in upper gastrointestinal Dieulafoy lesions (UGIDLs). Methods: Patients...
- Upper Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage: Development of the Severity Score. Chaikitamnuaychok, Rangson; Patumanond, Jayanton // Gastroenterology Research;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p219
Background: Emergency endoscopy for every patient with upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage is not possible in many medical centers. Simple guidelines to select patients for emergency endoscopy are lacking. The aim of the present report is to develop a simple scoring system to classify upper...
- Automated Bleeding Detection in Capsule Endoscopy Videos Using Statistical Features and Region Growing. Sainju, Sonu; Bui, Francis; Wahid, Khan // Journal of Medical Systems;Apr2014, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1
Wireless Capsule Endoscopy (WCE) is a technology in the field of endoscopic imaging which facilitates direct visualization of the entire small intestine. Many algorithms are being developed to automatically identify clinically important frames in WCE videos. This paper presents a supervised...
- Management of acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding: summary of NICE guidance. Dworzynski, Katharina; Pollit, Vicki; Kelsey, Amy; Higgins, Bernard; Palmer, Kelvin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/16/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7861, p45
No abstract available.