Haemorrhagic gastritis in a neurologically impaired boy
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Fall92, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p131
Presents an abstract of the study `Motor Recovery of the Upper Extremeties in Traumatic Quadriplegia: A Multicenter Study,' by J.F. Ditunno, S.L. Stover et al and reprinted from the 1992 issue of the `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.'
- Table tennis anyone? Bishop, Paul; Williams, Trevor; Taktak, D.M. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Apr1998, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p191
Discusses a study written by D.M. Taktak in 1997, entitled `An Adjustable Table Tennis Bat and Grip System for Tetraplegics,' which appeared in the `Spinal Cord.' Creation of a bat and gripping system that used a multipositional bat head.
- Abstracts of Recent Literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Jan98, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p111
Presents an abstract of the article `Effect of Training on Physical Capacity and Physical Strain in Persons with Tetraplegia,' by A.J. Dallmeijer, M.T.E. Hopman, E.L.D. Angenot, et. al. reprinted from the 1997 issue of the `Scandinavian Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine.'
- X-ray diagnosis of H pylori may be possible. // Modern Medicine;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p49
Presents an abstract of the article titled `Can the radiologist recognize Helicobacter pylori gastritis?' by D.J. Mond, R. Pochaczevsky, F. Vernace et al originally published in the April 1995 issue of the `Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology.'
- Helicobacter pylori and atrophic gastritis: Importance of... Kuipers, Ernst J.; Perez-Perez, Guillermo I. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;12/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 23, p1777
States that infection with Helicobacter pylori is a major risk factor for the development of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer. Effect of gastritis pylori on all infected individuals; Information on cagA (cytotoxin-associated gene A).
- H pylori gastritis: Noninvasive assays may be superior to biopsy gold standard. // Modern Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p45
Presents an abstract of a research titled `New Noninvasive Tests for Helicobacter pylori Gastritis: Comparison With Tissue-Based Gold Standard,' by D.O. Faigel, M. Childs, E.E. Furth, et al, published in the April 1996 issue of `Digestive Diseases Science.'
- X-ray diagnosis of H pylori infection may be possible. // Geriatrics;Jul95, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p56
Presents an abstract of the article `Can the Radiologist Recognize Helicobacter pylori gastritis?,' by D.J. Mond, R. Pochaczevsky, et al published in the periodical `Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology,' in 1995, issue 20.
- The interferon gamma receptor 1 (IFNGR1) â€”56C/T gene polymorphism is associated with increased risk of early gastric carcinoma. Canedo, P.; Corso, G.; Pereira, F.; Lunet, N.; Suriano, G.; Figueiredo, C.; Pedrazzani, C.; Moreira, H.; Barros, H.; Carneiro, F.; Seruca, R.; Roviello, F.; Machado, J. C. // Gut;Nov2008, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p1504
Background and aim: It has been demonstrated that polymorphisms within inflammation-related genes are associated with the risk of gastric carcinoma (GC) in people infected with Helicobacter pylon. Recently, polymorphisms in the gene encoding the interferon gamma receptor 1 (IFNGRI) were found to...
- President's Message. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1958, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p88
Highlights the issues discussed during the meeting of the American Gastroscopic Society in Washington, D.C. in 1958. Significance of biopsy to the diagnosis of gastritis; Advantage of using fiberscopes.