- RANKIN-DELUX TURBO-GRIDDLE. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p71
The article reports that Rankin-Delux introduces the Turbo-Griddle, a gas-powered griddle with an infrared cooking system. It is engineered to provide greater heat, immediate temperature recovery, and fast reaction time to cooking loads while using up to 30% less gas than conventional griddles.
- Talks on hiking minimum wage heat up in D.C. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the possibility that the President Bill Clinton administration will implement a $1 wage hike in the foodservice industry. Observer speculations; Effect on foodservice workers.
- AN $8 'ANTI-POVERTY' WAGE: Foodservice faces new drive to raise the minimum wage. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the challenges faced by the U.S. food service industry on the drive to raise the minimum wages. Opposition of the National Restaurant Association on the changes; Purpose of the wage increase; Results of the public opinion poll on the wage increase.
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4351, p10
Presents information on the demand for and salaries of food & beverage (F&B) managers in Great Britain as of November 2004. Increase in the demand for good-quality F&B managers in the provincial and London, England markets; Effect of the increasingly flattened management structures in many...
- IN 2000: Pay's up 2.9% 30-40 yr.-olds set the pace. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the compensation of operators in the non-commercial foodservice industry in the United States for the year 2000. Trends of payment for men and women in the industry; Payments for school operators in the Far West region of the country; Forecast on operators in the industry for the year...
- Without sacrificing jobs': New push underway to raise min. wage... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the need for wage hike among foodservice industry minimum wage workers in the United States as suggested by Labor Secretary Alexis M. Herman. Basis of Herman's suggestion; Legislations to increase the Federal minimum wage rate.
- WFF receives $2 million in multiyear sponsorships. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p58
The article reports on the grant of $2 million to Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) through multiyear sponsorships. WFF is a leadership development group that aims to elevate female leaders. Furthermore, companies are communicating that they endorse and support the work of the WFF by signing a...
- MENU WATCH. // National Provisioner;Aug2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p100
Reports on the need in the United States for food products that ease the burden of labor in the kitchen. Link between U.S. economic growth and labor shortages for the food service operators; Ethnic cuisines which have turned mainstream; Failure to distinguish herbs and spices.
- Attitude Adjustment: Happy days are here again. Fassl, Joyce // Food Engineering;Dec2006, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p8
No abstract available.