- Closed Campus Calls for Carts. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p15
The article reports that the Antioch High School in Antioch, California has stationed three serving carts around its newly-closed campus to ease the cafeteria lunch-time crush. Each cart was custom-made by Carts of Colorado that cost $900 each, and is combined with a Cambro cart that cost 9,000...
- Fresh Food Company at William & Mary. // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p12
This article reports that modeled after an European marketplace, the newly renovated Commons dining hall at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia features authentic foods from around the world. Built in 1965, The Commons is the largest and only freestanding dining facility on...
- ARAMARK'S LATEST CONCEPT: U-Fla. showcases fresh food. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the opening of a residential dining facility showcasing The Fresh Food Co. in University of Florida in Gainsville, Florida. Basis of the concept; Features of the facility.
- Bowled Over. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Evaluates a prototype foodstation concept the serves cereals installed at Arizona State University Memorial Union. Cereal brands offered; Operation; Ideal sites for the unit.
- AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the growth of contractor presence at universities and college campuses in the United States. Percentage of overall contract penetration on campuses; Effects regarding the shift from straight-line cafeterias to foodcourts; List of colleges and universities switching to contract...
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.
- If I had my wayâ€¦. // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p58
The article focuses on various foodservice equipment suggested by Joe Mullineaux, associate director of foodservice at the University of Maryland in College Park. For self-service areas, tongs and other servers made of an antimicrobial material are suggested. Moreover, he also recommends...
- Station Innovation. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p30
Describes innovations in food station design in universities and colleges in the U.S. variety of food stations; Impact of food station design on food service management; Trends affecting food station design. INSETS: A Station Designed for "All-nighter" Customers;Taking Meal Customization to the...
- College foodservice learning to live green. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p49
The article focuses on the environment-friendly and sustainable business practices of food service companies in colleges and universities in the U.S. as of 2008. Food service directors began evaluating purchasing practices and trading kitchen equipment for more energy-efficient models and even...