The Streets of Brazil
- Always the favorite. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p66
Relates the popularity of chicken menus at university cafeterias in the U.S. Use of chicken as the main ingredient in food recipes at Union College in Schenectady, New York; Sample chicken dishes offered at West Oregon University in Monmouth; Basic chicken dishes served at Central Washington...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the growth of contractor presence at universities and college campuses in the United States. Percentage of overall contract penetration on campuses; Effects regarding the shift from straight-line cafeterias to foodcourts; List of colleges and universities switching to contract...
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.
- Room to Grow. Weisberg, Karen; Alexis, Jennifer; Mastrelli, Tara // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p34
Discusses several methods to promote and increase the catering business. Outlook for the catering business in 2004 according to the "Foodservice Director" Catering Study; Growth of the catering business for weddings at Purdue University; Information on the web-based catering order process; Way...
- Historic Dairy Bar Reopens. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the re-opening of the Dairy Bar in the University of New Hampshire in August 2008 after a seven-month renovation. With the reopening of the Dairy Bar, the menu is refocusing on sustainable business practices and local foods. Jon Plodzik of Dairy Bar says he wanted to do...
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- NEWS/INNOVATION. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on school food service in the U.S. as of February 15, 2007. The renovation of cafeteria at Muscatine High School in Iowa has increased lunch volume to more than 500%. The nutrition services department at Bartow County School in Cartersville, Georgia has decided to...
- Iowa's Urge to Burge. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the renovation of the Burge dining hall by the food services team at the University of Iowa. Features of the dining hall; Lessons learned by the team from the renovation process; Role of the university staff in menu development.