Change of Plans
- Indispensable menu item. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the indispensability of beef in the U.S. school foodservice sector despite mad cow concerns. Favorite food products of children with beef; Appeal of tacos to schoolchildren; Persistence of beef-filled casseroles on menus.
- Joshua Bruff. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 17, pT2
The article presents information about Joshua Bruff, manager, mall operations and commercial assets Developers Diversified Realty Corp. Bruff is responsible for managing 12 enclosed shopping malls and six office and industrial buildings totaling 5 million square feet of property. He won the job,...
- There's Something Fishy Going on Here. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports the transformation of Jenks Junior High School's ordinary-looking cafeteria into an underwater paradise in Rhode Island. Inclusion of equipments and furniture; Concept of the transformation; Contributions of the foodservice provider.
- Survey: Kids Want Wider Ethnic Choices. // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p12
The article presents the Dream Kitchen Survey conducted by Y-Pulse LLC examining the notion school-aged students about ethnic choices in school cafeterias in the U.S. The survey reveals that school children are interested in having a broader variety of authentic ethnic foods and cross-cultural...
- Coffee Service A WHOLE LATTE OPPORTUNITY. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p66
Offers guidelines to cafeterias and foodservice operators on how to upgrade their coffee service and generate increased traffic and revenues. Serving premium quality coffees; Re-evaluating beverage offerings to meet customer demand; Developing a food menu that enhances beverage offerings.
- WHERE DEMAND WAIVERS: SCHOOL SOLUTIONS. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p82
Presents information on the vegetarian dining options that are included in the food service program of several schools in the U.S. Meatless dishes that are offered at Dripping Springs in Texas; Focus of the nutrition programs implemented by child nutrition director Gitta Grether-Sweeney at...
- Flik International's Spring Expo. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/31/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on the Flik International Corp.'s annual Spring Exposition held in New York. Estimated number of chefs, managers and associates of Flik that participated in the exposition; Aim of the exposition to educate Flik Associates on the ways that they can distinguish Flik from other food...
- What Traits Do You Look For and What Do You Expect from a Store Manager? // Gourmet Retailer;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p36
Cites qualities sought after in store managers in the food service. Leadership traits; Training experience; Communication skills; Social skills; Willingness to accept responsibility and work with a high level of accountability; Commitment to the company's mission; Ability to take a proactive...
- Bright ideas to improve your business. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p36
Presents six proven strategies school food service directors (FSDs) can use to maximize use of their resources, develop their employees and streamline their organizations. Includes building relationships between foodservice staff and students; Encouraging employees' professional involvement...