- Alzheimer's Care Centers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p28
Presents a chart listing the top Alzheimer's Care Centers in Fairfield County, Connecticut, ranked according to number of admissions in 2000.
- Alzheimer's patients needed for clinical study of new drug. // Geriatrics;Aug94, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p16
Reports that the New York University Medical Center is recruiting Alzheimer's disease patients for an advanced clinical study to evaluate the effectiveness of sabeluzole to slow progression of the disease. Qualifications for entry into the study; Contact information.
- ON GRADES, BEHAVIOR IN TEXAS: SCHOOL B'FAST HAS IMPACT. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Presents information on the in-class breakfast program at the Independent School District in Midland, Texas. Increase in the student participation in several schools within the district after launching the in-class breakfast program; Benefits of serving breakfast for students; Actions taken by...
- Friendly's set as Baystate Medical Center. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
States that the Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts is planning to create a food operation in the lobby entrance which is expected to include the branded concept by Friendly's. Description of the area where the operation will be set up; When the operation is scheduled to open;...
- AT CAL-PACIFIC MED. CTR: MEAL TIME DELIVERY DROPS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the food service at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Entrees offered to patients; Benefits of the food service approach.
- RETAIL PROGRAM UPGRADE: Maine Medical Center takes customer nutrition to heart. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the food service program of Maine Medical Center. Development of a heart-healthy food service program; Growth of the cafeteria of the center; Details of the I Love Food program.
- TO RAISE THE BAR FOR CUSTOMERS, STAFF: Value meals, food safety are tops at VA Canteens. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Repors on the introduction of value meals to the cafeterias of Veterans Canteen Service in Veterans Affairs Medical Centers in the United States. Partnership with Coca-Cola for promotion and marketing; Features of the meal; Importance placed by the agency on food safety.
- 11 ENTREES REPLACE 7-DAY CYCLE: Revamped patient menu nets UCLA hospital $30K. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the changes in patient menus as the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center in Los Angeles. Advantages of the menu change; Features of the offering.
- PRE-ORDERING CONTROLS WASTE: CA hosp. offering meals-on-the-run. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the Family on the Run program, a home-meal replacement program of the City of Hope Medical Center in Duarte, California. Description of the meals offered; Examples of food included in the meals; Average cost of a meal.