Part of Your World
- CHARITABLE CHATTER. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p28
Presents several charitable activities initiated by various food service in the U.S. Highlights of the 50th anniversary and fund raising campaign of Masterson's Catering and Willy B's Gourmet Smokehouse; Amount of donation given by FIRE+ICE restaurant to the University of California-Davis...
- Farm Africa gets ball rolling. // Restaurant Magazine;Apr2014, Issue 236, p11
The article reports on the first Food for Good Ball hosted by charity Farm Africa in March 2014 in London, England.
- Sisters of Charity's food pantry feeds the needy in Lewiston, ME. // AHA News;4/2/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p7
The article features the Sisters of Charity Health System's food pantry in Lewiston, Maine. The pantry never turns the homeless and hungry away as it served nearly twenty-three thousand people in 2006. The article also discusses twenty years of service of Sisters of Charity, its contribution in...
- EDIBLE OPEN SERVES FOURTH COURSE. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Sep2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the holding of the Incredible Edible Open charity golf tournament. Number of participating food service personnel; Winners.
- CHARITABLE GIVING. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/19/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p56
The article reports various developments related to charities in the food service industry in the U.S. The Yard House chain's Round It Up America campaign donated the more than 320,000 dollars raised by guests in the past year to 25 charities. Over 900,000 dollars have been raised by the annual...
- BENEFIT BUZZ. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p26
Highlights charitable activities of food service firms in the United States as of April 2001. Plan of Red Robin International to donate funds to Big Brothers/Big Sisters chapters; Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Cafe's donation of tacos with chips and salsa to participants in the Multiple Sclerosis...
- FOODIE WAYS TO DO GOOD. // Women's Health;Sep2009, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p88
The article features several charities which provide food, kitchen utensils, and other food-related services. Solar Panel Project by Jewish World Watch provides solar cookers and training on how to use them to refugee women in Sudan. CulinaryCorps sends professional chefs and culinary students...
- We could be heroes...just for a day. DeLuca, Mike // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov95, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p20
Editorial. Comments on charitable acts by restaurateurs and others in the United States foodservice industry. Examples of charitable projects by people and organizations.
- BENEFIT BUZZ. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p30
Highlights charitable works of restaurants and food service firms in the United States. Amount of funds raised at the annual food festival and culinary competition 'Taste of Pittsburgh's...Pasta' in Pennsylvania for the benefit of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; Funds raised by employees of...