Short Order, More Choices
- Short Order a Hit at Nursing Facility. // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that dining service director Robert Weyant of the Country Manor Nursing Home in Roseville, Illinois has offered residents a set menu which includes some variety of special dishes. The menu offered includes a dozen hot and cold sandwich options ranging from cheeseburger and...
- Veggies Take Center Stage. Taylor, Marygrace // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the development of healthier menus of the food service industry in the U.S. through its vegetable-based dishes.
- Lean and Green. Burum, Linda // Los Angeles Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p200
Deals with several restaurants in Los Angeles, California which offers vegetable dishes. Information on Vegan Glory restaurant; Menus served at Green Temple restaurant; Facts about Real Food Daily restaurant.
- Asparagus, leeks and other seasonal vegetables show spring has finally sprung on menus. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;5/7/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p48
The article focuses on vegetables on the spring menus of several restaurants. The Rae restaurant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has added crab with asparagus on its spring menu as part of the American sushi plate. The Rialto in Boston, Massachusetts serves salad of baby artichokes with fresh...
- FRESH IDEAS: From Field to Fork. Lang, Joan M. // Restaurant Business;Oct2012 Supplement, Vol. 111, pS3
The article discusses the importance for foodservice operators to use the best and freshest seasonal fruits and vegetables. It mentions the additional value of fresh produce on the menus served and their creative boost for many chefs. It also highlights comments from chefs that fresh produce is...
- Seasonal ingredients inspire, challenge corporate chefs. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;3/7/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p42
The article discusses the changes that are taking place in the food service industry that every corporate chef in the industry will feel its impact. The signs of a change are everywhere. Late last year Cracker Barrel introduced the first in a series of seasonal menus and more recently Wendy's...
- Old World charm: Versatile eggplant adds a touch of authenticity to many cuisines. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;9/4/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p38
The article discusses the popularity of eggplants in Italian, Greek and Thai dishes. Different restaurants use the eggplant as a side dish to decorate vegetarian dishes. The Norman's at Sunset Millennium Plaza in Los Angeles offers Mongolian marinated and grilled veal chop with Chinese eggplant...
- SEEKING MORE DINERS: LTC EYES HEART HEALTH. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Reports that an a la carte menu has been launched for independent living residents in Bridgewater, New Jersey. Aim of the action taken by Michael Cooper, director of dining services of CCRC; Food to be included in the menu; Plans of Cooper to accommodate residents and customers.
- Angel Food menu set. // Breckenridge American;3/8/2008, Vol. 124, p4A
This article offers information on the food being provided by the Angel Food ministry. Angel Food provides low-cost food to everyone. Food orders are taken at His Way Christian Store. Its menu for March 2008 include boneless pork fillet, breaded chicken breast strips, boxed lean beef patties and...