- Help With 4 Tough Contract Clauses. Hilliard, Tyra // Religious Conference Manager;Feb2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
The article addresses four challenging contract clauses imposed by hotels for event managers. The first clause refers to owing 90% of hotel damages of the block to a client group, which is also obliged to pay 100% room rate per each unused room. The second clause looks at cases when events are...
- Right This Way. Bassett, Michael // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p19
The article presents what various cities in the U.S. can offer the insurance and financial services sector in terms of meeting venues and interesting sites. In Chicago, the McCormick Place West was an addition to the McCormick Place convention center to accommodate more participants. San...
- Your Chance to Be Fearless: Attend EventCamp February 11--13. Hall, Alison // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;1/27/2011, p1
The article features EventCamp, the fourth of a series of meetings for event professionals that will be held in Chicago, Illinois, from February 11-13, 2011. EventCamp is said to be specifically designed for event professionals seeking to incorporate technology and new media in their meetings...
- Teamwork is key to global challenge. Thomas, Joy // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jan2011, p14
In this article the author discusses the importance of teamwork for event professionals or planners.
- Return on investment is driving force. Wills, Abigail // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jan2011, Special section p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including one on the 169 million British pounds worth of conference business in Glasgow, Scotland and the "How to..."
- MCI Group Australia. ADDISON, DAVID // Spice;2/1/2012, Issue 1, p22
The author shares his views as director of meeting and events at MCI Australia about the events industry prospects for 2012 including greater inbound interest from Asia and India, more requirements for sustainable solutions, and more discerning clients about the facts and the ability to deliver.
- Choo loves... // CEI Asia;Feb2014, p20
The article offers the insights of administrator Shirley Choo for eyecare brand at Abbott Medical Optics about the things she loves such as baking, golf, and shopping.
- Making Sense of SOX. Kovaleski, Dave // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Sep2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p63
Discusses the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) on meeting planners in the U.S. SOX requirements for meeting planners; Tips and suggestions for SOX compliance.
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 42, p4
Focuses on the functions and the services provided by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) of Nevada to meeting planners. Aspects of coordinating a meeting by which the LVCVA meetings team can assist meeting planners; Variety of services in which the LVCVA sales staff can...