APC-MGE Testing, Training, Demonstration Facility Opens
- TAKING ACTION…Frack Off vs Caudrilla Resources. // PRWeek (London);11/11/2011, p10
The article focuses on the protests from Frack Off versus Cuadrilla Resources to disrupt an industry conference at the Copthorne Tara Hotel Kensington in London, England on November 2, 2011.
- Marchers' real aim is to undermine Israel. Pimley, Kim // New Jersey Jewish News;3/29/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 13, p22
The article presents information on the impacts and motives of "International Conference on Jerusalem" that took place in Quatar and the "Global March to Jerusalem" that will take place on March 30, 2012.
- Why people protest, and how it causes change–conference. Steel, Debora // Raven's Eye;Dec2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the conference 'Voices: Understanding the Protest Cultures' organized by the political students at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Schedule and venue of the conference; Debate on the nature and conditions of protests; List of key concepts.
- Tax Day protest takes place April 15 at Jefferson Rd. P.O. // Empty Closet;Apr2008, Issue 411, p7A
The article offers information on the Social Action for Marriage Equality's (SAME) annual Tax Day demonstration, to be held at Jefferson Road Postal Office (P.O.) in New York on April 15, 2008.
- METRO BRIEFS. // New York Amsterdam News;2/3/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p3
The article offers African American news briefs in New York City, including a community action forum hosted by Mount Olivet Baptist Church and the Freedom Party, the protest by the Friday Haiti Relief Coalition in response to the Haiti contributions, and a convention hosted by the Freedom Party.
- Activists plan to demand action on climate change. Magee, Kate // PRWeek (London);11/6/2009, p3
The article offers information on demonstrations in Copenhagen, Denmark and in London, England planned by non-governmental organizations during the 2009 United Nations Conference on Climate Change to demand action from the 193 delegates during the summit. The demonstration organized by...
- Protesters in Washington Fail To Disrupt Financial Meetings. Ostroff, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/17/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 74, p2
Reports on the failure of protesters to disrupt international financial meetings being held in Washington. Issues protested; Protest organizers' commitment to intensify their activities to prevent world finance ministers from attending a joint International Monetary Fund-World Bank meeting;...
- Lesbian pride march is a first for Canada. Bearchell, Chris // Body Politic;Jun81, Issue 74, p10
Reports on the first lesbian pride march in Canada and the Binational Lesbian Conference in May 1981. Workshop topics; Activities in the event; Priorities set out for the final plenary.
- DNC Update: Do it in Denver! Vicente, Brian // Guild Notes;Spring2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
The article provides information on several issues to be discussed at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado. According to the article, among the problems to be tackled includes corporate control of media, arrests of marijuana patients and the war on drugs. In addition, it states...
- Eucharistic Congress: Impressions and Observations. O'HARE, JOSEPH A. // America;8/21/1976, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p72
The article presents several impressions and observations during the Eucharistic Congress held at the Convention Hall and Civic Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1976. A daily demonstration outside the Civic Center is noted which seeks awareness on the rising number of political prisoners...