Learning from the Best
- HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED. // Financial Planning;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p92
Features financial planner Ross Levin of Accredited Investors Inc. Information on his Wealth Management Index; Priority of Accredited Investors; Goal of Levin.
- Be Our Guest. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p36
The article discusses the benefits of networking for professional financial planners. The Financial Planning Association holds a retreat every May, which allows financial planners to come together and discuss their business and make the connections that allow them to grow their firms and do...
- Prospering at the Edge of Chaos. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p36
The article presents the opinion of a financial planner on building his own company, having a company vision, providing a valuable service to customers, and planning with flexibility. The financial planner is described as having control over certain factors, no control over others and not being...
- Renaiisance Man. Grote, Jim // Financial Planning;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p53
The article focuses on the behavioral approach of Ross Levin, president and founding principal of Accredited Investors, to financial planning and his effort in attracting high-net-worth clients. Levin supports strict asset allocation based on the statistical theory of regression to the mean and...
- A Work in Progress. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p34
The author discusses the significant changes they had made in Accredited Investors Inc. He talks on the restructuring of their model in handling clients where each of them has a principal, lead, and support staff working on their account. A client advisory services model is given. Another...
- Strong fourth quarter financial hiring predicted. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Dec95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p11
Forecasts a six percent net increase in the financial hiring activity for the fourth quarter of 1995 in the United States. Hiring activity in medium-sized firms.
- Select-a-planner. MacAlister, Philip // New Zealand Management;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p74
Presents a guide to selecting a financial planner. Things to ask a potential planner; Qualifications and experience; Issue of fees; Membership in an industry body.
- Do your homework when choosing a financial planner. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/26/98, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p41
Enumerates tips on how to select a financial planner according to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. Investigation of planner's background; Familiarization with financial planning strategies; Determination of general financial goals; Request for written advisory contract or...
- BUILDING A WINNING FINANCIAL TEAM. Loeb, Marshall // Fortune;9/18/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p247
Advises on how to choose financial experts. Reasons for maintaining more than one expert at a time; The types of experts one should have; Costs; Time outlays; Details.