Conduct a Communication Audit
- Don't let company make these mistakes. Millard // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p41
Presents ten common mistakes employers make. Failure to have an employee handbook; Absence of written job descriptions; Neglect of annual performance evaluations.
- A good job description for CSRs. Merit, Don // American Printer;Apr2001, Vol. 227 Issue 1, p66
Lists the job descriptions of a customer service representative.
- Service with a smile, not a sneer. Musaphia, Joe // Management;Jun96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p32
Presents the author's views on the role of managers in delivering quality customer service. Criticisms against managers who avoid customer confrontations; Importance for managers to realize the weight of the customers' opinion; Need for managers to reorient themselves with business realities.
- 10 ways to improve communication. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Nov2014, Vol. 188 Issue 11, p56
The article presents 10 ways to improve communication which include efficient email communication, subscribing newsletter, and developing effective website.
- ONE DAY IN THE LIFE OF…. // B&T Magazine;1/25/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2643, p14
The article offers information on the daily activities of Jen Stone, marketing manager of GraysOnline. She prepares her lunch and leaves her house 7:20 in the morning. She then checks her electronic mail (e-mail) inbox, create the GrayMail newsletter for the following day and review their site...
- Clientes & Their Patrons. Wright, Nell // Calliope;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the relationship between patrons and clients in Rome. Job description of patron; Payment of clients on patrons; Selection of clients.
- Enhancing Computer Mediated Communication by Applying Contextualization to Email Design: a Case Study. Katz, Adi // Management (1820-0222);2012, Issue 64, p15
This paper deals with communicational breakdowns and misunderstandings in computer mediated communication (CMC) and about ways to recover from them or to prevent them. The paper describes a case study of CMC conducted in a company named Artigiani. We observed communication and conducted content...
- British firms ignore customers' email queries. // New Media Age;3/24/2005, p8
This article presents the results of a survey on the attitudes of British companies toward emails and queries placed by customers through their Web sites. Almost half of firms surveyed across the banking, insurance, electronics, travel and telecommunications sectors failed to reply to questions...
- Read The Signs: Working With Deaf Customers. Broadus, Melissa // IE3;Jul2013, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p20
The article offers tips on providing proper customer service to deaf customers and bridging the communication gap. It informs that in order to have appointment with deaf customers it is necessary to ensure that website have an email address or contact form that customers can contact the person...