WSJ/FPA Studies: Financial Planners Rate High with Affluent, but Can Reach More
- FINANCIAL PLANNING WEEK EDUCATION EFFORT. // Practical Accountant;Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 6, Special section p18
The article reports on the announcement by the Financial Planning Association and "The Wall Street Journal" of their partnership to promote the rate of financial planning to readers. The information will be published in the special advertising section in the October 6, 2006 issue of the...
- Advisory Teams on the Rise. King, Rebecca // Accounting Today;3/16/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, preceding p2
The article focuses on the increase in the number of financial planners, accountants and other financial professionals who are joining advisor teams to improve practice efficiency and leverage their client bases. According to a survey of Financial Planning Association (FPA) members, produced by...
- Advisors Misclassify as Planners; Clients Don't Know the Difference. Britton, Diana // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p1
The article focuses on a report from Cerulli Associates which suggests that a majority of advisors are marketing themselves as financial planners even though they really do not provide comprehensive planning services. The report said they are hoping they can stay competitive amid the growing...
- CONSUMER DEMOGRAPHICS: What Do Financial Planning Services Consumers Look Like Now? McClune, Sheila // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, Special section p4
The article offers information on the 2010 market survey from the Financial Planning Association (FPA) regarding the status of consumers who are using the services of the financial planners in the U.S. It mentions that those who used the services of the financial planners have appeared to be...
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Industry largely welcomes reform. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;5/6/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the support raised by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) concerning the government's plans to overhaul the financial advice industry in Australia.
- Planners tardy in releasing client files. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/18/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p6
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has an increased number of complaints about advisers failing to let go of clients wishing to leave a practice.
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.