Mortgage Meltdown Forces Us to Ask Fundamental Questions
- Laurence Kotlikoff on Financial Malpractice, Economic Thinking, and Pricing Out Passions. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p26
An interview is presented with Laurence J. Kotlikoff, a professor of economic and president of Economic Security Planning Inc. Kotlikoff discusses financial malpractice and what he refers to as bad advice from financial planners. Kotlikoff says financial planning doesn't incorporate economic...
- The Coming Retirement Bomb. // On Wall Street;Jan2004, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p96
Interviews Laurence J. Kotlikoff, chairman of the economics department at Boston University in Massachusetts, on impending retirement crisis in the U.S. Opinion on immigration and raising the retirement age; Suggestion on saving outside retirement accounts; Financial malpractice of planning...
- INDISPENSABLE HELP. Mueller, Van // Retirement Advisor;Apr2015, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p20
The article presents the author's views on several American financial experts who reportedly keeps him informed on various issues related to providing financial advice. These experts include accountant Ed Slott, retirement and annuity expert Tom Hegna, and economist Laurence J. Kotlikoff. He...
- The Healthcare Fix: Universal Insurance for All Americans. Siegfried, David // Booklist;10/15/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p28
Reviews the book "Universal Insurance for All Americans: The Healthcare Fix" by Laurence J. Kotlikoff
- CORRESPONDENCE. Burich, Paul; Morris, Charles R.; Ferguson, Niall; Kotlikoff, Laurence J.; Miller, Matthew; Weiss, Avi; Wieseltier, Leon; Cannon, Michael F.; Cohn, Jonathan // New Republic;10/10/2005, Vol. 233 Issue 15, p4
Presents two letters to the editor in response to the article "The New Deal," by Niall Ferguson and Laurence J. Kotlikoff in the August 15, 2005 edition of "The New Republic" and a response by Ferguson and Kotlikoff; Response to the article "The Fall," by Leon Wieseltier, in the September 5,...
- Dynamic Fiscal Policy. De Haan, J. // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec1988, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p546
Reviews the book "Dynamic Fiscal Policy," by Alan J. Auerbach and Laurence J. Kotlikoff.
- Pensions in the American Economy (Book Review). Burkhauser, Richard V. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Apr85, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p464
The article reviews the book "Pensions in the American Economy," by Laurence J. Kotlikoff and Daniel E. Smith.
- It Is Difficult to Factor Social Security into Retirement Planning. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2014, p2
The article reports that according to the report, What Workers Need to Know About Social Security as They Plan for Their Retirement by doctor of philosophy (Ph.D)Laurence J. Kotlikoff and William Fairfield Warren, professor at Boston University, social security makes it difficult for Americans...
- Get What's Yours: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security. Pedzich, Joan // Library Journal;2/15/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p110
No abstract available.