The Prevalence and Economic Significance of Bovine Fasciolosis at Jimma, Abattoir, Ethiopia
- Congenital Dermatophilosis In A Cross Bred Ndama/Muturu Calf. Shaibu, Samson J.; Yanan, Erastus G.; Shamaki, Usman B.; Kalejaiye, Jacob O.; Makinde, Adesoji A. // Internet Journal of Veterinary Medicine;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p3
Dermatophilus congolensis was isolated from a cross bred Ndama/Muturu calf born congenitally with Dermatophilosis, and the calf responded to treatment with oxytetracyclin at 20mg/kg body weight.
- Kit comercial de ELISAÂ® para a detecÃ§Ã£o de coproantÃgenos e exame coproparasitolÃ³gico em bovinos com fÃgados condenados por fasciolose. das Chagas Bernardo, Cíntia; de Avelar, Barbara Rauta; Drummond Costa Ignacchiti, Mariana; Vilhena Freire Martins, Isabella; Salim Pereira, Maria Julia // CiÃªncia Rural;nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p2025
The aim of this study was to compare a commercial ELISA kit for detection on coproantigen examination and fecal sedimentation using as gold standard inspection diagnosis of bovine livers at slaughter. In addition, we evaluated the correlation between the measured intensity of infection by...
- Meath farmer knows the importance of fluke control at grass. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Jun2013, p45
The article offers information on the infective liver fluke larvae that could infect cattle when they are turned out to grass and also includes an effective treatment for treating the infected cattle.
- Alimentary tract diseases Fasciolosis. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;4/19/2008, Vol. 162 Issue 16, p501
The article reports on fasciolosis in four suckler herds and four dairy herds in Penrith, England. It reveals that one of the dairy farms had experienced two scouring cows with milk drop. Feces were positive for fluke eggs, and a bulk milk sample from the herd gave an ELISA result of 104-89...
- Prevalence of Fasciolosis in Cattle Under Different Managemental Conditions in Punjab. Khan, Umbreen Javed; Maqbool, Azhar // Pakistan Journal of Zoology;2012, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p1193
The article discusses a study that examined the epidemiology of fasciolosis at slaughter houses, livestock farms, veterinary hospital and on household cattle in different districts of Punjab province in Pakistan. It discusses the infection rates under different management conditions, with the...
- Fasciolosis in cattle in East Anglia. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/5/2005, Vol. 157 Issue 19, p568
Reports on the appearance of fasciolosis cattle disease in East Anglia, England. Announcement of veterinarian Geoff Pritchard on the emergence of the disease in the region; Suitable weather conditions for fasciola hepatica; Introduction of the antibodies for the disease.
- CATTLE. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;1/26/2008, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p105
The article focuses on the Scottish Agricultural College Veterinary Services' disease surveillance report about cattle diseases for November 2007. Copper poisoning was diagnosed in a Simmental heifer. Chronic fasciolosis was diagnosed in a cattle from 11 herds on the basis of fecal fluke egg...
- Regional Veterinary Laboratories: Current findings. // Irish Veterinary Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p90
The article discusses findings by veterinary laboratories regarding death of various animal species in Ireland in November 2007. The laboratory in Dublin detected septicaemia in calves that died within the first week of life. In Athlone acute fascioliasis was detected in two ewes, resulting in...
- Fasciolosis. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;7/5/2008, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on 21 incidents of fasciolosis in Carmarthen and Aberystwyth, Wales. They include a seven-year-old Charolais cow in late gestation with diarrhea after undergoing a cesarean, and a four-year-old purchased Welsh black cow that had calved and also had diarrhea and losing weight,...