More For-Profit News ï¿½
- In brief. Kline, Alan; Whiteman, Louis // American Banker;02/12/98, Vol. 163 Issue 29, p19
Presents news briefs relating to companies in the United States planning to merger. Withdrawal of First Alliance Corporation's bid to acquire Standard Pacific Savings; Value of purchase; Details on Republic Bancshares' purchase of Bankers Savings Bank, Coral Gables; Intended purchase price.
- Conexant Puts Chittipeddi in Charge, Next in Line. Tolkoff, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;12/6/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p41
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the promotion Saileh Chittipeddi as president of Conexant Systems Inc., the acquisition of Broadcom Corp. by Gigle Networks Inc., and the addition of Microsoft Corp. veteran Bill Baker into the advisory board of Predixion Software Inc.
- Financial Briefsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;10/10/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p8
The article offers news briefs related to education in the U.S. such as the 100 million dollar revolving credit agreement entered by Capella Education Co. and the 14.9 million dollar contract awarded to WestEd.
- USA. // Solid State Technology;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p16
Presents news briefs from the semiconductor industry in the United States as of August 1999. Technology and marketing alliance between Mattson Technology and CFM Technologies; Plans of Cirrus Logic to end its MiCRUS joint venture with IBM; Asyst Technologies' acquisition of Progressive System...
- IN BRIEF. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p8
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the receiving of federal funding of the New York State Foundation for Science, Technology, and Innovation (Nystar), and the merger of the real estate companies Richard Albert Realtors and Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates LLC.
- Business Watch. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul99, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p61
Presents news briefs on business-related issues in the United States (US) as of July 1999. Bankruptcy protection filed by Greater Southeast Healthcare System; Amount raised by DrKoop.com in initial public offerings; Approval made by the US Justice Department on the merger of Aetna and...
- Today's Transactions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p1
This section offers news briefs about mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including Martin Marietta Materials Incorporated's offer to buy Vulcan Materials Co., American Tower Corporation's agreement to acquire certain assets of Pegaso PCS SA de CV and Cubist Pharmaceuticals Incorported's purchase of...
- In brief. Kline, Alan; Lutton, Laura Pavlenko // American Banker;3/25/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 57, p5
Presents news briefs pertaining to acquisitions of companies in the United States as reported on March 25, 1998. Indepth look at Millers Mutual Fire Insurance Company's aims to acquire Fort Bend Holding Corporation; Details on Union Bank of Tyler County, West Virginia; Information on the plans...
- BOTTOM LINE. // Hill;7/3/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 84, p9
The article offers U.S. news briefs including Denny Miller has been hired by Tri-West Healthcare Alliance; Angel Capital Association has acquired APCO Worldwide Inc.; and Washington Tax Group has been hired by the Financial Services Council Ltd.