For-Profit Career Colleges See Revenue, Enrollment Growth in Third Quarter
- Career College Enrollment Growth Begins To Moderate. // Educational Marketer;8/30/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p7
The article focuses on the moderation in career college enrollment growth rates in the U.S. It notes that growth rates continue to be crucial and health-related areas remain to be the key drivers of such growth. A chart is presented depicting for profit career colleges in the country including...
- The Value Of a Single Standard for Higher Education. Fanton, Jonathan // Education Week;11/16/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p29
The article reflect on the for-profit higher education industry and the ways in which these schools cater to the needs of a diverse student population. Topics include the educational standards for higher education institutions, a set of guidelines drafted by the Foundation for Educational...
- For-profit schools' color: green. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;12/1/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p4
After rocketing past rival Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois-based DeVry Inc., Hoffman Estates, Illinois-based for-profit education company Career Education Corp. has reached heights at which the slightest mis-step can bring disaster. Fueled by a combustible mix of aggressive marketing, federal tuition...
- COMMUNITY COLLEGES BEAT FOR-PROFITS ON PRICE. Ryan, Kate // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that bargain-hunting investors, hoping the worst of the enrollment scandal is behind the for-profit college industry, might want to focus on a bigger long-term threat: The nation's public community colleges offer education of equal value at dramatically lower prices. What's...
- Kaplan Wins Three First Chair Awards. Feinstein, Danielle // InsideCounsel;Oct2011, Vol. 22 Issue 238, p72
The article announces that Kaplan Higher Education (KHE) has received awards from the legal organization First Chair, including the Top General Counsel award for Janice Block, Rising Star award for Lisa Seilheimer, and Top In-House Legal Department award.
- Career Colleges Face Tighter Student Loan Market. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the plans of Career Education Corp. to create programs and make changes to maintain student loan and enrollment in the U.S. It states that the company estimates that it will experience 75 million dollars to 100 million dollars in lost revenue in 2008. It notes that the...
- DeVry Looks to Grow in Healthcare Training With Local Acquisition. Lee, Jessica C. // Orange County Business Journal;10/20/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the $290 million acquisition of Mission Viejo, California-based U.S. Education Corp. by Illinois-based for-profit school operator DeVry Inc. DeVry Inc. plans to use U.S. Education Corp.'s schools to establish its business in West Coast, British Columbia. It is claimed that...
- Executive Summary. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p7
The article presents an overview of South Africa's growth rate, as well as the political and economic forecasts for 2010.
- Kaplan Charged with Race Discrimination. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses a court case wherein the Kaplan Higher Education Corp., allegedly engaged in a pattern or practice of unlawful race discrimination by refusing to hire a class of black of African American job applicants nationwide.