Biometrics Technology Touches the Future
- Playing it Safe on Campus. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p60
The article focuses on the initiative of various universities to adopt security systems in response to the increasing number of students in the U.S. Fred Behr, director of Public Safety at St. Olaf College reveals that they are implementing an artificially created community which provides...
- Buzz Words and Emerging Tech. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p82
The article focuses on the author's view about the emergence of technological innovations in the security industry. He noted that despite the advancement of security surveillance systems these are often plagued by reliability problems. The author suggested that mesh networking is a way to route...
- Companies You Should Know. Klotz, Heather // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p20
The article profiles the security equipment developer QNAP Security in Xizhi City in Taiwan. The company is remarkable for its excellence and commitment in producing high quality products along with its compliance to the standards of protecting the environment and affordability. It has also...
- Interactive Services for Residential & Commercial Markets. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p58
The article offers tips for security system companies on how to elevate recurring monthly revenue's (RMR) potential in both residential and commercial markets in the U.S. It advises companies to understand the applications of technologies used in security systems management to provide efficient...
- The Top 25 End User Desired VMS Features. Elliott, David // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2010, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p52
The article provides information on the Video Management System (VMS), a tool that provides security professionals access to surveillance video. It presents the compilation of the Top 25 VMS features, such as event alerting and manual recording, which are preferred by most end users. It says...
- Facial recognition technology cited as wave of the future. May, Jonathan // Caribbean Business;3/30/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 12, pS27
The article reports that facial recognition and biometrics are growing industries and are considered the wave of the future in the security management industry. Although there are a few glitches concerning privacy and security of biometrics, most signs point towards the benefits outweighing the...
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2015, p87
A quiz regarding the security systems industry is presented.
- SDM Products. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p87
Features products and equipment for use in the security systems industry. Includes Safety Technology International Inc.'s Exit Sign Damage Stopper; NAPCO Security Group's additions to its hybrid hardware/wireless control panels; Ilco Unican's SolitareProx single door proximity solution.
- Visonic Wins Frost & Sullivan 2010 Product Leadership Award. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p25
The article reports on the announcement of Visonic Ltd., Bloomfield, Connecticut-based developer and manufacturer of wireless home security and safety systems and components, that it received the 2010 North American Product Leadership of the Year Award for its PowerMax solution.