Systems Design and the Perimeter
- You can't have too many toys. Bischoff, Glenn // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2007Supplement, Vol. 25, p3
The author reflects on the reluctance of the public to adopt new technologies in the U.S. However, he also cites the decision of public safety agencies and businesses to slowly adopt asset-tracking and video surveillance systems. He further emphasizes the significance of these technologies in...
- Reflections on Surveillance. Vitone, Philip // Canadian Journal of Communication;Winter1994, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p101
The author reflects on the relation of surveillance and technology based on the Harold Adams Innis' approach to the study of history and communications. He explores the plausibility of a documentation of personal and circulating social accounts for understanding technology, communication,...
- Integration = consolidation = industry challenges. Jesse, Dominic // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p83
Focuses on trends in the security equipment manufacturing market. Integrated production systems as the main driver of growth in all security markets, according to David Jarrett, senior security analyst at Josephthal & Co.; Buying of smaller manufacturing companies by larger ones; Spendings on...
- EAS progress: Move to office corridors. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p55
Looks at the expanded use of electronic article surveillance (EAS) to include building corridors as a means of access control while tracking corporate assets. Popularity of source tagging; Sensormatic Electronics Corp.'s contract to be the exclusive provider of EAS systems to Giant Eagle...
- Criminals beware: A motion-tracking camera is watching you. Carmody, Sherri // Machine Design;3/18/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on the Automatic Image Motion Seeking camera developed by Ying Sun, a University of Rhode Island researcher. Impact of the technology on security surveillance; Function and features of the camera; Cost of the system equipment; Uses of the surveillance system.
- Dome camera. // Government Security;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p42
The article features the SpeedDome Ultra VII day/night programmable dome camera developed by American Dynamics. The SpeedDome is housed for use under extreme conditions as well as for protection from harsh weathers. It has also the capability to shift from one preset into another as a response...
- Central Station Video Monitoring: Options for Pricing. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p104
The article the discusses the types of surveillance video monitoring options such archiving services, audit services, and concierge services in the U.S. It explores how such options impact a dealer's operations. It outlines the requirements to support surveillance video monitoring options, its...
- Security guard. Page, Heather; Phillips, Debra // Entrepreneur;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p162
Talks about how Michael Beals along with wife Lara were able to develop Campus Secure, a personal security system to check campus crimes. Features and benefits; Other inventions.
- THE 2004 DISTRIBUTORS GUIDE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p47
Lists information about distributors of electronic security systems in the U.S. AAA Distributors; Access Control Technologies Inc.; Alarm Craft; Alarm Center Inc.