Low Cost Security Toots: Employee Awareness
- MOTIVATING A SECURITY TEAM. BRIGGS, JOHN // FM World;8/15/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p34
The article offers the author's advice on how to maintain the motivation and alertness of a building's security team. He mentions their role as an effective deterrent and robust line of defence for facilities where interventions such as electronic security access is unsuccessful. He also notes a...
- Reinventing Security. Berg, Chris // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2009, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p30
The article discusses the reinvention of the security function on companies in the U.S. It defines the reinvention of security as working through extreme organization alteration or functional flaws to generate a new function that meets the business' needs. It offers four common occurrences which...
- Access in a Protected Space. Wicks, Sean // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p47
The article discusses the components needed to make up an effective security system to be used by corporations in the U.S. Utilizations of the system's parts; Features of the control panel used by the system; Advantages in the use of keypads for the control of user access to a protected space.
- Great Security. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p18
Looks into the integrated facility management system implemented by the government of the state of Michigan. Installation of security and technology solutions; Optimization of operational efficiencies with integrated systems; Establishment of advanced technologies for the state's overall...
- Is Having a Security Policy in Place Really Nine-Tenths of the Law? Aminzade, David // Software World;Jan2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the security policy in organizations. It is said that ignorance of policy and corporate security directives do not exempt someone from punishment in the form of security breaches. However, implementing corporate policy is time-consuming since security administrators have to...
- The benefits of multi-application smart card technology. Kunz, Volker // Database & Network Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the potential benefit of smart card to corporations, hospitals, government agencies and any organisation which seeks improvement to security solutions. It mentions that multi-application smart cards are appropriate valuable tool for protecting physical security and assets...
- Growing Security for a Growing Campus. Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2014, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p46
The article discusses the security measures employed by the security team of the media conglomerate Cox Enterprises as it goes on rapid expansion. It mentions the company's installation of guard structures at each parking gate to monitor for pedestrian traffic and ask for their identification...
- Access controls. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p7
Presents statistics on corporations' use of access control procedures and systems. Cards, badges; CCTV; Parking access control; Metal detection.
- Safe secs. Hurley, Hanna // Telephony;06/21/99, Vol. 236 Issue 25, p5
Comments on the importance of discussing security with partners, employees and clients. Reason security personnel refuse to talk about their network; How to make employees aware of a company's security policy; Proactive steps that keep a network safe.