By the Type of Business
- Largest securities firms. Patta, Gig // San Diego Business Journal;12/31/99 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p57
Lists largest securities firms ranked by number of local registered brokers as of April 1, 1999 in California. Attainment of the top rank by San Diego, California-based TD Waterhouse; Addresses of the firms; Services offered by the firms.
- Largest security guard companies. Patta, Gig // San Diego Business Journal;12/31/99 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p80
Lists largest security guard companies ranked by number of full-time local employees as of March 1, 1999 in California. Attainment of the top rank by San Diego, California-based Wells Fargo Guard Services; Addresses of the companies; Services offered by the companies.
- Protecting Assets in Fiscal Crisis. Maiolo, Frank // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p23
The article reports on the approach to the challenges confronting business security concerns in Fairfield County, Connecticut. It offers information on how to protect assets in fiscal crisis. It suggests that companies can achieve maximum security by adjusting resources without the total...
- When should a ‘reasonable man’ use a security firm? // Accountancy;Jan1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1025, p18
Focuses on the need for companies to hire security firms to collect the wages. Presentation of Charlon against Forrest Printing Ink case; Variation of method of collection; Responsibility of employers to provide precautions for employers.
- Integration: the key to a company's security systems. Bice, Michael A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/4/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the return of companies to the basics of corporate security, namely physical safety, after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Types of security systems for business applications; Intrusion detection; Access control; Video surveillance; Security consultants' job of integrating...
- Group 4. Hughes, Solomon // Ecologist;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p11
Presents facts about the activities of Group 4, a British security company known for running detention centers and prisons. Allegations that the firm's employees abused the human rights of asylum seekers in 2003; Contract it won to inspect a number of nursery schools in 1996; Involvement in a...
- Former FBI agents drive AMRIC Associates. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);10/31/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p14
Profiles AMRIC Associates Ltd., a full-service investigative and security consulting firm based in Syracuse, New York. Major players; Clients; Number of cases handled by the company; Personnel management.
- Crisis plan key to terror safety. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;6/23/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p4
According to security consultant, James A. Francis, a corporation's role in confronting terrorism is similar to that of the government. He felt that crisis planning is the key to everything and the ultimate objective is to protect lives. Given that keeping individuals safe is a primary concern,...
- Moon Security buys Wenatchee Alarm. Dudley, Rebecca // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, pA9
Reports on the expansion of Moon Security Services Inc. in Wenatchee, Washington. Continuation of the growth of the family-owned business with the purchase of Wenatchee Alarm and Security Services Inc.