Security Is an Educational Effort and a Passion
- Bait Bike. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2016, p10
An interview with Maureen Rush, vice president of public safety at the University of Pennsylvania as of January 2016, is presented. Rush discusses the bait bike program to address the problem of bicycle theft in the campus. She says that the program includes placing a global positioning system...
- Memo To Staff. Silk, Stephanie // American School & University;Jul2008, Vol. 80 Issue 12, special section p14
The article offers tips on how to maximize the effectiveness of all members of the security team in schools and universities in the U.S. Staff and students play a variety of roles in schools and universities which affect campus security. School staff should have knowledge of the things such as...
- Correction: Security 500 Rankings. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2014, p14
A correction to the article on the 2014 Security 500 Rankings that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Partnering for security. // American School & University;Sep98, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p46l
Features a anti-crime program in Philadelphia that formed a partnership between the University of Pennsylvania's Police Department and contract security firm SpectaGuard. Aim to address crimes against persons on campus and in the surrounding inner-city neighborhoods; Expansion of the ...
- Controversy On The Campus. Dumke, Glenn S. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/69, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p332
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Glenn S. Dumke, chancellor of the California State Colleges, before the Town Hall of California in Los Angeles on February 18, 1969, which deals with the need for peace and order inside the campus.
- Taking a Proactive Campus Approach. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p40
The article features the security management of the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The university serves 16,000 students in the main campus. The Department of Residence Life is the one tasked in providing a premier physical, social and cultural environment....
- Louisville President Increasing Security After Klan
Activity on Campus. // Black Issues in Higher Education;3/25/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the plan of University of Louisville President James Ramsey to increase security in the university in the wake of Ku Klux Klan flier distributions. Statement issued by Ramsey about the issue; Outline of the plan.
- Survey Says Only 18 Percent of Colleges Believe Their Security Access Control Is Effective. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the result of a survey on the perspective of the colleges and universities in the U.S. regarding the effectiveness of their security access control.
- Community Partners in Crime. McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p12
The author reflects on the impact of the security efforts undertaken by Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He reveals the recognition received by the university due to its long-standing cooperative efforts with communities to improve security measures as well as lessen crime...