Serve the Business and Stakeholders, Too
- Con Edison cuts power and things really light up for federal workers. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p24
Looks at the electricity savings in the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. Installation of an energy-efficient lighting system and new energy-saving personal computers; Ability of the system to monitor changes in natural day light; Awards won by the project.
- Con Edison Opens Cable Research Facility in the Bronx. // Utility Automation;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the study conducted by Con Edison Co.'s engineers on the reliability of electricity at the Con Edison Cable & Splice Center for Excellence in Bronx, New York City. Features of the research facility; Advancement of the industry's knowledge of electric distribution system design and...
- $125 a Month. // Time;3/27/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p91
The article reports on the changes to be made by New York City-based gas and electric company Consolidated Edison Co. to its pension system in March 1950.
- Thousands without gas in Harlem. BOYD, HERB // New York Amsterdam News;8/18/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the lack of gas in Harlem, New York City due to the damage caused by Consolidated Edison Inc. workers on main water pipes along Street Nicholas Avenue from 145th to 155th streets.
- Heat tests improved grid, and it appears to pass. Kahn, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/8/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 160, p2
The article reports on the employ of high technology sensors in Consolidated Edison Inc.'s networks to detect and locate faults in grid to prevent heat wave to occur again when electricity is down in New York.
- Con Edison experiments with wedge-wire laterals. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Mar97, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p50
Reports that Con Edison, largest electric utility in New York is replacing screen-covered outlet laterals in one of its anion tanks with wedge-wire instead of mesh screen. Comparison of performance of mesh screen with wedge wires; Benefits and features of wedge-wires.
- Con Edison sponsors 4th Annual Westchester Community Art Competition. // Westchester County Business Journal;09/22/97, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p25
Reports that Con Edison was the sponsor of Westchester Corporate Volunteer Council's (WCVC) fourth annual Westchester Community Art Competition.
- ConEd.com gives customers power with information. // B to B;9/3/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 16, p16
Features the Web site Customer Central of Consolidated Edison Inc. in New York. Design of the site; Utility of the site to business customers; Integration of the site with the database of the New York State Independent System Operator.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p0002
A correction to the article "Con Ed dispute sheds light on labor reality" that was published in the July 9, 2012 issue is presented.