IMPROVING CULTURAL DIVERSITY AWARENESS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY EDUCATORS
- An exploration of cultural competency pedagogical strategies in entry-level physical therapist educational programs. PORTEE, CHARLENE D. // Journal of Best Practices in Health Professions Diversity: Educa;Spring2008, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p63
Very little research examines how physical therapy students are prepared to become culturally competent. The purpose of this study was to determine if the pedagogical strategies used to teach cultural competency differ based on entry-level programs' specific demographics, including racial/ethnic...
- Beadwork workshop teaches youngsters about colourful art. NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;4/19/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p14
The article discusses the Mohawk beadwork workshop at the month-long educational campaign by the Kanien'kehÃ¡:ka OnkwawÃ©n:na RaotitiÃ³hkwa Language and Cultural Center (KOR) in celebration of the Cultural Awareness Month held in April 2013.
- Traditional seeds and planting workshop draws local green thumbs. NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;4/19/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p16
The article discusses the traditional seeds and planting workshop during the second annual Culturally Awareness Month held at the Kanien'kehÃ¡:ka OnkwawÃ©n:na RaotitiÃ³hkwa Language and Cultural Center in April 2013.
- Cultural communication: increasing intercultural understanding to enhance collaboration in educational communities. Fisher, Darlene // International Schools Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on cultural communication and the analysis of how the school developed a model to enhance intercultural communication in Turkey. It says that the school is undergoing development of a 'culture of coaching' to help teacher reflection and peer coaching and the use of workshops...
- Catering for cultural and linguistic diversity: Using teacher created information texts. Carss, Wendy; Tamata, Apolonia; Exley, Beryl // Literacy Learning: The Middle Years;Jun2015, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p29
Teachers in the Pacific region have often signalled the need for more locally produced information texts in both the vernacular and English, to engage their readers with local content and to support literacy development across the curriculum. The Information Text Awareness Project (ITAP),...
- First puppet-making workshop a chance to enter a growing world. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/19/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p15
The article discusses the puppet-making workshop during the second annual Culturally Awareness Month held at the Kanien'kehÃ¡:ka OnkwawÃ©n:na RaotitiÃ³hkwa Language and Cultural Center in April 2013.
- PROMOTING Cultural Awareness and Knowledge Among Faculty and Doctoral Students. Leiper, Jacoba; van Horn, Elizabeth R.; Jie Hu; Upadhyaya, Ramesh C. // Nursing Education Perspectives;May/Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p161
This article describes the activities conducted by the Race and Gender Committee of one school of nursing in North Carolina to promote cultural awareness and knowledge among faculty and doctoral students. Wells's Institutional Cultural Development Model provided a theoretical framework for a...
- A Novel Approach to Clinical Instructor Professional Development: A Multi-Session Workshop With Application of Skills in a Student Standardized Patient Exam. Recker-Hughes, Carol; Dungey, Jill; Miller, Sue; Walton, Amber Hansel; Lazarski, Janice // Journal of Physical Therapy Education;2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p49
No abstract available.
- Cultural awareness training valued by all participants. Miller, Heather Andrews // Alberta Sweetgrass;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the values learned during the Cultural Awareness Training Series workshop in Edmonton, Alberta. Goal of the workshop on Aboriginal culture, history and traditions; Information on the offering of the program to social services agencies; Details on the comprehensive content of the...